• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    A .22 "can" would be a good thing to have. I live in a development that is probably similar to yours. You might try talking to your neighbors to see how they feel about the dillos. You may get their "ok" and that would solve the problem. I have the ok from my neighbors to "take care" of as many squirrels as I can after the squirrels started eating the vents on top of their houses.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I think a new gun would solve this problem.... :) silenced sub2000....
    A tight match grade chamber with a rifle length barrel with 22lr subsonics is pretty darn quiet without a suppressor. I had to check my chamber to see if I'd misfired or not. This was with a heavy barrel Vostok I had years ago. It achieved a complete powder burn before exiting the barrel and the only hole for noise to come out of (the muzzle) was plugged with a projectile until after the explosion was over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-012632_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210810-012632_Chrome.jpg
      460.2 KB · Views: 64

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Screenshot_20210810-012844_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-012904_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      Screenshot_20210810-012904_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      308.5 KB · Views: 67

mikenjapan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have put down too many old sick dying pets than I can count with a 22. Sometimes more than one because I am emotional and don’t do it right the first time. Never had the police show up or a neighbor say anything. I live in the city on an average size lot.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well, the armadillos have either moved on or at least changed their habits. I have no new diggings (knock wood) and I've been unable to see them on the trail cam.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And a ton of mole crickets
    Get enough Talstar to cover your yard. It kills mole crickets, ants, and a zillion other bugs. Works best when the mole crickets are just hatched. Water it in and don't let your pets on it until it's dried. The mole crickets die and the armadillos will move on.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get enough Talstar to cover your yard. It kills mole crickets, ants, and a zillion other bugs. Works best when the mole crickets are just hatched. Water it in and don't let your pets on it until it's dried. The mole crickets die and the armadillos will move on.
    Unfortunately it’s a few months too late to get ahead of the mole crickets. They can be killed as nymphs but not as adults. May is the best time to treat for mole crickets and late February for grubs. Top Choice is the best option for mole crickets, it covers them for 3 months and covers fire ants for 1 year. Bifenthrin is a good option for both but only has a two week residual. I have read about applicators using a nonionic surfactant that is derived from citrus peels that repels mole crickets or pushes them into your neighbors yard. It would most likely be cheaper to hire an applicator than buying a 1 gallon jug of bifenthrin, 1 oz. treats 1000 sq ft. Top choice is a restricted use product and can only be purchased with the correct license. These are options to prevent Armadillos before the damage is done.

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just like Jhunter said in post #3.
    View attachment 127301
    I had a trap like the one above, set it out with 4x4’s to direct the Dillo in. After about 4 nights i checked the trap one morning to find the trap destroyed. Apparently I had caught a big one and he had just walked his way out, bending the heavy wire that holds the door down. I finally built a trap out of 1/2 in plywood and was able to catch 3 before the digging stopped.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had a trap like the one above, set it out with 4x4’s to direct the Dillo in. After about 4 nights i checked the trap one morning to find the trap destroyed. Apparently I had caught a big one and he had just walked his way out, bending the heavy wire that holds the door down. I finally built a trap out of 1/2 in plywood and was able to catch 3 before the digging stopped.
    I loaned my trap to a friend and he had a big one bend it and get out.
    I’ve never had that problem.
    I’ve seen a nice one online made out of plywood. Seems like it was around $100.

Top Bottom