Are you interested in a new shooting experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A fellow from a company known as Explotrain has offered to provide us an opportunity to have "some external stressors" at one of our events in order for his company to "gather data" for his company's products' effectiveness in order to be able to sell his products to a wider audience of clients. This is an opportunity for us to have some "loud" noises to alter your reaction(s) to a scene to gauge your reaction. This "match" or event may be run twice in one day or it may be the next event. It all depends on how we set it up. Suppose we do this on a Sunday and then have PART 2 on the Saturday match. I am looking to see how many IDPA shooters are interested in doing this. If we have a large number, it may be a two or three stage match only. If you are interested, post here here or email me at jmrobinette@reagan.com. It'll most likely be a Saturday or Sunday, but I don't know which yet. If you want to see what these stressors look like, you can check out their website at www.explotrain.com.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apparently, it's supposed to replicate the sound and pressure waves from an actual explosion. If the buzzer already makes you stupid, let's see what a simulated IED does. Should be interesting for sure, I'm game.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If they are anything like the Ground Burst Simulators we used back in the day during Phase-2 exercises then the extra pair of underwear may be a really good idea.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    good luck doing this at ERGC. The neighbors may complain. Hell, I dont think its a good idea on that alone. Definitely dont need any negative attention there as the neighbors already have tensions.

Good luck though, sounds awesome. I just dont see it happening at ERGC. Now...there are other places

*sorry to be such a negative nancy, but I think its a legitimate concern and could be bad for the location.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's why I'm going to invite him out for a small test first before a possible match. Maybe I might have to give a heads up to the ECSO first, ya think?

Top Bottom