• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ace123

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like many others, I'm tired of the crappy CARB gas cans. I'm thinking of picking up a couple utility jugs. The ones at Rural King are apparently made by VP, and look identical to the VP branded ones. Anyone have any issues with either of these? Will probably use them with a siphon and forgo using the vinyl tube.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah the seals deteriorate and it’s a crap show. On some of mine the plastic seams have started to separate allowing leakage. Let us know how it goes pls.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Best bet I've found is to buy the cans with obama spouts. Trash the spout and order these. They cost as much as the can but......
    They work, vent and seal tightly as the gas cans used too. You know, before we became too smart for our own good.
    DO NOT get the cheap Amazon ones! The part that threads to the can WILL break if the wind blows on it too hard and render it useless. They are garbage and I have made that mistake.

It will bring back the good ol joyous days of when gas cans functioned properly. I smile and think of how I f#cked over the system every time I use one.... Multiple times a day.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I bought some good cans a few years ago at the tool shack. They were $60 for a 6 gallon but they are easy to use with the design.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Vp cans are good with everyone I know. I have some similar "utility" jugs I use for fuel. Vinyl hose helps out in most cases.

Old school Chilton gas cans with the yellow spouts is where it's at though. If you can find some in good shape.

Top Bottom