HD Tactical

Any opinions on the new CZ Shadow 2 Compact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    CZ has released the Shadow 2 Compact, touted as a CCW version of the Shadow 2. While the idea sounds like a match made in heaven, but anyone else have issues with it? There's no firing pin block, so drop safety isn't high. If the safety is like the Shadow 2, it's not the easiest to manipulate (not the worst either). I'm sure it feels as sexy as it looks, but I just can't wrap my head around it being a good CCW choice.
    I am a DA/SA fanboy I guess. A DA trigger (if trained with) is a great safety, but lowering a hammer on a live round without a firing pin block or a system like the Beretta has of moving the firing pin out of the way would be a much better choice for CCW. I don't mind a heavier or even larger gun, as I carry a Beretta 92xGR Centurion daily, and I love shooting CZ's at the range. With all their other options, like the P-01 or CZ-75D PCR out there what does the Shadow 2 Compact offer other than the Shadow 2 trigger which you can likely replicate or do better with through CGW or even MCarbo.

Top Bottom