• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Well... I thought I was done building AR's... that was until a friend of mine decided to let go a new in the wrap Krieger 18" barrel from Compass Lake Engineering... he bought it back in 2014 and it has sat in the box ever since.

Seeing as I just picked up my second AEM5, might as well start on another Mk12 build. There's just something about an 18" AR rifle that I love. I have a few with various barrels, Ballistic Advantage, Douglas, Criterion, and now... a Krieger.

This came with a matched bolt "69" witch is etched on the bolt and stamped on the barrel. Compass Lake isn't doing these any more so get get one NIB from 2014 was a damn good find IMO. I even have the original packaging, box, and invoice.

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Good score. I hated to see CLE not taking on any more orders. I tried to get a Krieger spun up from them to do another MK12 as I’ve already cloned a Mod 1 and H. I’ve used WOA ( pretty decent accuracy) once and only utilize Douglas which I’ve got excellent results from.

Hope to see the build when you start.

Are you planning on doing a clone type build or just an SPR build to use the AEM5?

If you decide you wanna get rid of it let me know

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Good score. I hated to see CLE not taking on any more orders. I tried to get a Krieger spun up from them to do another MK12 as I’ve already cloned a Mod 1 and H. I’ve used WOA ( pretty decent accuracy) once and only utilize Douglas which I’ve got excellent results from.

Hope to see the build when you start.

Are you planning on doing a clone type build or just an SPR build to use the AEM5?

If you decide you wanna get rid of it let me know

Just a cloneish type build, I'm not a HARD CORE clone guy so "non-correct" stuff suits me fine.

You're Sir are a genius.I've been on the fence about even touching another AR, now I have a buddy trying to give one away and I'm only interested in stripping it and building a complete retro A2, but I think it'll be a good host for a Mk12 build

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpg
      IMG_3404.jpg
      169.4 KB · Views: 16

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Gunbroker, big $$$. Just sayn.

Well, some folks only see life through $$$$$ filtered lenses... not me.

My buddy knew full well what he had and was well aware he could have sold the barrel and associated parts for much more than he got from me. I paid him less than the invoice and considered it a true friendly gesture not often seen among friends now days.

No way I'd part with that barrel other than to give it back to him.

Top Bottom