• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in n. Ms. Just out of memphis. No common or sought after ammo anywhere near here except .22lr. None online either. In April I paid 390. For a 1000 round case of 5.56 at palmetto. Been sold out for weeks. Tuesday I bought 1200 rounds 5.56 at midway at 550. Plus tax. Best deal I could find and prices moving like stock market. Bad time for a shooter to buy parts, ammo or anything else it seems. People are scared. Went to local hwy patrol office 3 weeks ago to renew my CC and enhanced permit. 59 people waiting at 8am. 80 percent were over age 65. And, 2 on walkers and 2 in wheel chairs. Most of them have not seen anything that looks like a gun but something they put in the nightstand 35 years ago. People are scared.
    Be safe

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in n. Ms. Just out of memphis. No common or sought after ammo anywhere near here except .22lr. None online either. In April I paid 390. For a 1000 round case of 5.56 at palmetto. Been sold out for weeks. Tuesday I bought 1200 rounds 5.56 at midway at 550. Plus tax. Best deal I could find and prices moving like stock market. Bad time for a shooter to buy parts, ammo or anything else it seems. People are scared. Went to local hwy patrol office 3 weeks ago to renew my CC and enhanced permit. 59 people waiting at 8am. 80 percent were over age 65. And, 2 on walkers and 2 in wheel chairs. Most of them have not seen anything that looks like a gun but something they put in the nightstand 35 years ago. People are scared.
    Be safe
    Near Memphis is a tense area and potentially very dangerous. A 1,000 rounds of rifle gives the minimum to defend yourself. Fire several hundred to sight in and get familiar with what you have and put the rest away until you need it or can get more. Memphis and Nashville I am hearing bad things about both places relative to racial tensions for some time.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Memphis is a nightmare. I was a deputy in Lowndes County, MS in the early 90s, was not bad back then but havent been to northern MS in a long while.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    friend of mines son was an officer in Memphis...was shot twice before he left the department

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    And out of stock. How much will it be when it's back in?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729-220150.png
      Screenshot_20200729-220150.png
      129.1 KB · Views: 159

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Be safe
    If you're that worried about it I'd be leaving Memphis. All the other posts above this definitely imply that you should have got your family out of harm's way like yesterday. If you're in a spot where you cant leave, it's time to start thinking about digging in. Buy a few hundred sandbags and a bunch of buckets and lids to fill with dirt, and keep them in a closet on standby, not at the storage unit. Or maybe line the exterior walls with bookshelves full of thick $1 hardback books from the Goodwill. And a few cases of bottled water. Put the mattress on the floor. Light/laser combo. Get imaginative.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What ammo shortage? I’ve got plenty, in fact I’m thinking I might need to sell some. I think it’s just going to get more expensive. it’s available just not at those low prices like it was a few months ago.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're that worried about it I'd be leaving Memphis. All the other posts above this definitely imply that you should have got your family out of harm's way like yesterday. If you're in a spot where you cant leave, it's time to start thinking about digging in. Buy a few hundred sandbags and a bunch of buckets and lids to fill with dirt, and keep them in a closet on standby, not at the storage unit. Or maybe line the exterior walls with bookshelves full of thick $1 hardback books from the Goodwill. And a few cases of bottled water. Put the mattress on the floor. Light/laser combo. Get imaginative.
    I live in a rural area 30.minutes from memphis. I don't have to go there unless I want to.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless you have been in a coma for the past several months,if you are wanting ammo and cant find it,please do not expect me to feel sorry for you. I WILL NOT ?? --- SAWMAN View attachment 88699
    You read too much between the lines. I have plenty of ammo. I just wa tex some to stockpile. I have friends who are Patriots in case I need to help.
    Regards

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in a rural area 30.minutes from there. I only go if I have to.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    What ammo shortage? I’ve got plenty, in fact I’m thinking I might need to sell some. I think it’s just going to get more expensive. it’s available just not at those low prices like it was a few months ago.

Yeah I was mulling it over too is it worth it or will we regret it when shtf?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom