Patriot Mobile

All those trying to sell your pistol braced firearms, video worth watching..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'm going to guess that you can only SBR for free under the amnesty period and not do an SBS?
    The way I read is it's for stabilizing braces on pistols, classifying them as short barreled rifles, which the tac14 is not.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Firearm is the correct term. Don't know why I posted aow. I see this being shot down or at minimum altered, but by May 31st? Doubtful.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Firearm is the correct term. Don't know why I posted aow. I see this being shot down or at minimum altered, but by May 31st? Doubtful.
    On the brace rule, an injunction is possible. It really depends just how far the courts are willing to go. SBRs and SBSs have always been perceived as gangster weapons. But that now so many have them, perhaps the courts can be convinced to do right thing.
    How long it takes to go before the supreme court for judgement is difficult to say. Hopefully Thomas and the other conservative justices due to age do not get ill and will be around for at least another couple of years.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    On the brace rule, an injunction is possible. It really depends just how far the courts are willing to go. SBRs and SBSs have always been perceived as gangster weapons. But that now so many have them, perhaps the courts can be convinced to do right thing.
    How long it takes to go before the supreme court for judgement is difficult to say. Hopefully Thomas and the other conservative justices due to age do not get ill and will be around for at least another couple of years.
    Regarding an INJUNCTION. If such happened, would it freeze the 120 day clock so it stopped "ticking" or would the clock be governed by other applicable federal law and continue clicking down thus leaving little to no time to register? I'm not being argumentative, I just don't know. It seems that other things, in which an injection was granted, did not have the matter of a 120 day clock.

Sixgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Not sure if this has been shared yet, or similar context. Certainly worth the watch. This should fire ya up..

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    ive already got class 3 stuff so i'll take all the tax stamps they wanna give me!!!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regarding an INJUNCTION. If such happened, would it freeze the 120 day clock so it stopped "ticking" or would the clock be governed by other applicable federal law and continue clicking down thus leaving little to no time to register? I'm not being argumentative, I just don't know. It seems that other things, in which an injection was granted, did not have the matter of a 120 day clock.
    A very good question about injunctions and I do not have the answer. There are provisions for FFL in ruling also that injunction could help.
    There multiple groups presenting lawsuits ranging from injured veterans to progun groups.
    There are also so many thing wrong with this final ruling.
    The one got me was they the ATF said that being part of the executive branch of government that they were not bound by the ADA (Americans with Disability Act), but then the ATF is certainly not an organization that respects civil rights.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Y’all all running scared. Think about it logically, if they were to actually arrest everyone who posted one up for sale online the courts would be overrun. I’ll bet no one ever gets convicted for possession of a pistol brace. This law is designed to stop the sale and manufacture of braces, not to turn the world into felons. Lucky for me mine is stamped already, and I sold all my FRT triggers…

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Y’all all running scared. Think about it logically, if they were to actually arrest everyone who posted one up for sale online the courts would be overrun. I’ll bet no one ever gets convicted for possession of a pistol brace. This law is designed to stop the sale and manufacture of braces, not to turn the world into felons. Lucky for me mine is stamped already, and I sold all my FRT triggers…
    Telling us not to worry but you sold your triggers. Mmm.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'm optimistic that the many law suits being leveled at this issue, most I've seen are being filed in N.Texas, so 5th circuit, same that just ruled on bump-stocks, will at least stay it. This was not a law passed by Congress, nor does the ATF have the power to grant a tax amnesty. I sense that's all a trap to enhance their already illegal database. I have 1 that I plan to pay to SBR anyway and Im ready to buy my 1st can, both with a trust. Everything else I have can be worked around easily enough Hell, I'll disassemble sh¡+ and sell parts and make my money back. And again the only thing I have that disappoints me, is my Mossberg Shockwave. But I'll remain optimistic, because this is BS just in the "common use" standing, more so than bump-stocks.

Top Bottom