• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    changing my party to democrat... seems to come with a get of jail card..

In a stunning turn of events, a New Mexico judge dismissed Alec Baldwin's "Rust" case Friday, on day three of his manslaughter trial.

The judge granted the defense's motion to dismiss the case, in which they claimed live ammunition that came into the hands of local law enforcement related to the investigation into the deadly on-set shooting was "concealed" from them.

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer said the state's discovery violation regarding the late disclosure of a supplemental report on the ammunition evidence "injected needless delay into the proceedings," approached "bad faith" and was "highly prejudicial to the defendant."

"There is no way for the court to right this wrong," Sommer said in granting the motion to dismiss with prejudice, meaning Baldwin cannot be tried again on the charge.

Expand article logo

Baldwin reacted emotionally as the judge explained her ruling and could be seen hugging his wife, Hilaria Baldwin, in the courtroom.

rviray

Marksman
    i really thought he was going to get convicted on something
    I did too....I mean the definition of Negligent homicide is to "act with a disregard for human life while engaging in wanton or reckless behavior, and. your act or actions caused the death of a human being."

Friggin retarded...personally I think the NRA and other gun groups should go out there and say, "This is the frigging jackass you don't want having a gun. Leave the law-abiding citizen with guns alone. BTW, we took a poll of all the legal gun owners in the US, we say... we want to punch him in the face."

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Sounds like he's got the plot for his next shitty b movie, maybe dinero can join the cast. They can have a scene where baldwin drops the hammer on him. Ya know cause it's fun. Oops.

BluesBrother

Master
    changing my party to democrat... seems to come with a get of jail card..

In a stunning turn of events, a New Mexico judge dismissed Alec Baldwin's "Rust" case Friday, on day three of his manslaughter trial.

The judge granted the defense's motion to dismiss the case, in which they claimed live ammunition that came into the hands of local law enforcement related to the investigation into the deadly on-set shooting was "concealed" from them.

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer said the state's discovery violation regarding the late disclosure of a supplemental report on the ammunition evidence "injected needless delay into the proceedings," approached "bad faith" and was "highly prejudicial to the defendant."

"There is no way for the court to right this wrong," Sommer said in granting the motion to dismiss with prejudice, meaning Baldwin cannot be tried again on the charge.

Expand article logo

Baldwin reacted emotionally as the judge explained her ruling and could be seen hugging his wife, Hilaria Baldwin, in the courtroom.
    Despicable outcome.

IronBeard

Master
    It seems he got off because the prosecution erred with handling of evidence in his case .
    Noticed that. Once again, the "justice" system @#$%s up justice.

rviray

Marksman
    It seems he got off because the prosecution erred with handling of evidence in his case .
    It was, but I would have thought that they wouldn't be able to use that evidence in court. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows he pulled the trigger? I could see that if she was actually acting in the movie and it was a scene where Baldwin was suppose to "shoot" her in the movie, sort of like the Brandon Lee accident. But, she was just someone doing her job and this moron, shoots her. I'm confident that I can give my kids, my nieces and nephews an unloaded weapon and prove to them that it's unloaded; they would still point the muzzle in a safe direction. Hell, I don't know most of you guys, but I would be pretty sure that if I gave a weapon to one of your kids...they would do the same thing,

rviray

Marksman
    Sounds like he's got the plot for his next shitty b movie, maybe dinero can join the cast. They can have a scene where baldwin drops the hammer on him. Ya know cause it's fun. Oops.
    If it deals with weapons, I don't think anyone would want to act with him or do anything on the set. I know I wouldn't...maybe just edit it in a different state.

IronBeard

Master
    It was, but I would have thought that they wouldn't be able to use that evidence in court. I'm pretty sure that everyone knows he pulled the trigger? I could see that if she was actually acting in the movie and it was a scene where Baldwin was suppose to "shoot" her in the movie, sort of like the Brandon Lee accident. But, she was just someone doing her job and this moron, shoots her. I'm confident that I can give my kids, my nieces and nephews an unloaded weapon and prove to them that it's unloaded; they would still point the muzzle in a safe direction. Hell, I don't know most of you guys, but I would be pretty sure that if I gave a weapon to one of your kids...they would do the same thing,
    $.02, the prosecution created a perception that evidence might have been tampered with and/or an attempt made to not disclose that evidence in a timely manner. Bye-bye fair trial.

Lesson to be learned? Prove your case and temper your zeal to be "right" above all. IMO, a guilty verdict was possible, but they let emotions/ignorance ruin that. Had the prosecution been smart enough to request a 30-day delay to allow the new evidence to be submitted and reviewed by both sides...

Top Bottom