• does he walk or get charged?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so baldwin is handed a gun, told it was "cold", unloaded or loaded with blanks, he points the gun at someone, pulls the trigger, and kills her, wounds another...

so who has the responsibility here? how does this go down legally?

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    The absolute only question I have is why the cinematographer was in the line of fire? Was there a scene that involved her being either in the shot, or to have the trigger pulled while pointed at her?

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    It’s not easy to make a fatal hit on a moving target with a single action hand gun by an expert. Yet baldwin, a non-expert, was able to do it with one shot. In order for the weapon to be fired the hammer had to be first cocked than the trigger pulled. It’s a two step process on a single action fire arm. The weapon must also be aimed of course at a target in order to make the fatal hit. Who pointed the gun in an unsafe direction? Who had their finger on the trigger? Who didn't check to insure a safe firearm? Who didn't treat the gun as loaded? These are all NRA safety rules baldwin would have learned had he gone to a NRA class before he killed her. But oh no, blame the inane gun and the 2nd Amendment not the perp.

The story is there was a squib lodged in the barrel. Baldwin fired a blank which is a full charge forcing the squib out of the barrel the same as it would with a loaded bullet.

How did a squib get lodged in the barrel?

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    How did a live round get into a prop gun?
    I read a story on this and it said it wasn’t Baldwin’s job to check, it’s the prop master’s . Union rules.
    Union rules or not, if I’m handed a gun, I’m checking to see if it’s loaded and I handle all guns as if they are loaded.

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    It’s interesting to read that just hours before this incident there was a walk off of the set by multiple crew and cast due to “poor working conditions”

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Someone fired a round that only had a live primer in the case and no powder and left it that way.
    They're supposed to be play acting. Why was live ammo ever on the set? If it was common knowledge live ammo was on the set check and double check all fire arms. I also heard that safety checking a fire arm is a union job and no one but the approved union person can check a fire arm.

Last edited:

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    It’s interesting to read that just hours before this incident there was a walk off of the set by multiple crew and cast due to “poor working conditions”
    I’d hate if this turned into an act of violence by a disgruntled crew member

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The absolute only question I have is why the cinematographer was in the line of fire? Was there a scene that involved her being either in the shot, or to have the trigger pulled while pointed at her?my question too..i am sure she was not in the scene.. gun was a "period'" piece...

i am guessing he was fooling around

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    How did a live round get into a prop gun?
    I read a story on this and it said it wasn’t Baldwin’s job to check, it’s the prop master’s . Union rules.
    Union rules or not, if I’m handed a gun, I’m checking to see if it’s loaded and I handle all guns as if they are loaded.
    check the cylinder, and the barrel, sop in my mind

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’d hate if this turned into an act of violence by a disgruntled crew member
    One summer during college I worked a construction job on a big industrial building.
    The company wanted a bunch of carpenters to work on Saturday so they could get ahead of the concrete guys coming in Monday. Some were not happy and sabotaged some of the guys that agreed to come in.
    One guy had all his lug nuts loosened on his truck.
    I don’t remember all the details but a concrete form was sabotaged and could have fallen with men hooked onto it if the foreman hadn’t noticed it. This was 4 stories up.
    Some people are crazy.

janus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're supposed to be play acting. Why was live ammo ever on the set? If it was common knowledge live ammo was on the set check and double check all fire arms. I also heard that safety checking a fire arm is a union job and no one but the appropriate union person can check a fire arm.
    If that's true then they are more stupid than I thought.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    terrible example of what happens when there's not a trained expert on site watching these hollywood elitist know it all snobs who make a living with the very thing they ALL spout hate and disdain for... a gun. Baldwin will get off scott free as will the propmaster while a grieving family is left to pick up the pieces after an ENTIRLY preventable negligent act.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Forget if only Alec should have checked it. The person being shot at dam sure better have checked it lol. I know I would. Prop guns can be very deadly too tho. Not many know it. But blanks are sometimes loaded far hotter than real loads. And some even use flash powder instead of gunpowder. Most I think don't vent forward. But many have been hurt by getting to close to the side of one. I've seen tests where the gases alone coming out the side can rip apart things like fruit n cantaloupe etc. I haven't saw the details about the case yet. But if he wasn't goofing around there should be alot of good film angles showing what happened. I feel bad for the family. I've heard tho Alec is a big time anti gun guy tho. But don't seem to mind making a profit thru the use of one tho. Now he'll always remind me of Ole Dick Cheney now

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom