• does he walk or get charged?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm guessing no charges for shooting the other guy also?
    Didn't see any, i think negligent manslaughter would be more appropriate... it was negligent to point a gun and pull the trigger...

FBI tested the gun extensively, they could not get it to fire with out pulling the hammer back and pulling the trigger..

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Updated info in the article I linked Monday:

"UPDATE: It would appear that this tragic event, as new facts continue to be revealed, is a pretty textbook case of involuntary manslaughter under New Mexico law. Per the New Mexico Supreme Court:

“All that it is necessary to establish for involuntary manslaughter by the use of a loaded firearm is that a defendant had in his hands a gun which at some time had been loaded and that he handled it, whether drunk, drinking or sober, without due caution and circumspection and that death resulted.”

State v. Gilliam, 288 P.2d 675 (NM Sup. Ct. 1955)"

Also from the article:

"Under New Mexico law involuntary
    manslaughter is a fourth-degree felony normally punishable by up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine."

As I opined previously, Alec Baldwin should be warming a jail cell already.

Seems like they could’ve done this back in 2021...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Baldwin and the movie’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, each will be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter. One of the counts is for involuntary manslaughter, in which prosecutors will have to prove there is underlying negligence, prosecutors said. This is a fourth-degree felony that carries a sentence of up to 18 months in jail and a $5,000 fine.
    The second charge is involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act, a more severe charge which requires proof that there was more than simple negligence involved in a death, prosecutors said. This charge includes a firearm enhancement, which adds a mandatory penalty of five years in jail.
    Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed will be charged under a standard called “charged in the alternative.” If the case ends up going to trial, a jury will determine which of the two charges they’re guilty of.
    That’s a pretty big “if”, honestly. Halls received six months probation and a suspended sentence after taking the plea deal offered by prosecutors, and while Baldwin and Gutierrez-Reed might not get as sweet an offer as that one, I’m sure that some deal will be dangled before a jury is seated. For the moment, however, both defendants sound like they’re planning on defending themselves.

Accidental discharge testing determined that the firearm used in the shooting — a .45 Colt (.45 Long Colt) caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver — could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, the FBI report shows.

With the hammer in the quarter- and half-cock positions, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger,” the report stated.

With the hammer fully cocked, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” the report stated.

With the hammer de-cocked on a loaded chamber, the gun was able to detonate a primer “without a pull of the trigger when the hammer was struck directly,” which is normal for this type of revolver, the report stated.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    It took the ag over two years to find this loophole? We need to bring back tar and feathering.
    Agreed. We all know they always stack up 50 weird charges like that so they get you to plea down to the main real charge. She just took away alot of leverage they had to ensure he got at least somewhat of a fair sentence

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Agreed. We all know they always stack up 50 weird charges like that so they get you to plea down to the main real charge. She just took away alot of leverage they had to ensure he got at least somewhat of a fair sentence
    What is a "fair sentence" for someone acting the a$$hole with a firearm and killing a young mother? If baldwin had taken a basic firearms course he would have learn a weapon is always loaded, never have your finger on the trigger, and never ever point a weapon at someone unless your intention is to destroy. he took a life in it's prime. What is a "fair sentence".

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    What is a "fair sentence" for someone acting the a$$hole with a firearm and killing a young mother? If baldwin had taken a basic firearms course he would have learn a weapon is always loaded, never have your finger on the trigger, and never ever point a weapon at someone unless your intention is to destroy. he took a life in it's prime. What is a "fair sentence".
    Not sure. You can look and see what others get for negligent homicide, people that wasn't famous. Regular folks get sentenced all the time for such things.
    The man cocked, and pointed a real gun at a human and pulled the trigger. I still haven't heard a good explanation as to how it was pointed at her, and another guy.. (he actually shot and dam near killed 2 people not just 1) not the camera. Then he tried to lie and blame the gun, then blame the victim.
    If it was anyone else honestly I wouldn't care much and call it a travesty. But this dude has been critical of cops and others. When they said they had "accidents" he'd say he couldn't imagine how accidents of the sort can happen and demanded they get the max punishments like life in prison and so on.
    So maybe look at the man's old tweets and see what he was demanding when it happened to others?

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    take a deep breath;

charges dropped against baldwin...

who would have thunk it?

liberals are never responsible for their actions, but if he was a maga conservative, it would be a different story... prove me wrong
    The MAGA conservatives are still locked up from 1/6/2021 with out charges.

Last edited:

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Unbelievable..."I didn't pull the trigger, the gun malfunctioned..", I guess it was the same gun manufacturer that made Kennedy's magic bullet...friggin tard. The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole thing is that
    1) You know that Baldwin probably got the whole rules of safety and was probably...yeah, yeah, yeah, I played in movies before that had guns it in
    2) Isn't man enough to say ... "You know what, I fuk'ed up and I'm sorry to her family.."

Top Bottom