• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    My mistake, I thought it was a "I didn't want to sell it anyway" rant in response to not selling, but fair enough.
    I do have to respectfully disagree though.
    Nothing in the firearm market is rising in value, regardless of sector, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Demand isn't up, and consequently neither are prices. At least based on my observation of sales and non-sales of different kinds of firearms.
    Over and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My mistake, I thought it was a "I didn't want to sell it anyway" rant in response to not selling, but fair enough.
    I do have to respectfully disagree though.
    Nothing in the firearm market is rising in value, regardless of sector, things are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Demand isn't up, and consequently neither are prices. At least based on my observation of sales and non-sales of different kinds of firearms.
    Over and out.

No worries at all, the "I didn't want to sell it anyway" was because I really did not want to but at the moment had to free up some cash etc you know the deal.
    I see that everything AR15 is plummeting and that is awesome!! I just wish AK stuff would follow suit as quickly. I think it has the potential if some of the import restrictions change. Someday Ill get that elusive SVD Drag. There is just no way in my current profession that I could spend 4k for a rifle like that. Maybe someday the powers that be will realize that an all American made well built AR10 is more effective than an ol stamped SVD with so so glass on it and allow importation of them again. Win win for all involved.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

While I am painfully aware of this statement, a few items are continuing to go up in price. Colt single action revolvers come to mind.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I laugh at the 1000+ 556 AR's and AK's, it is obvious they paid too much or don't really want to sell. I am not buying unless I determine it is something I want then it is off to Buds or a builder I know. A $400 glock gets my attention or other properly priced semi auto good handgun, but I am not really looking and am not gonna drive 30 miles to get it. Not selling anything and no one beating down the door. I think money is still tight, I got lucky and got a nice increase but am not spending it on guns. Good luck to those selling, I just don't see a market at this time. I am buying Steaks and Great Coffee though

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As much as I love revolvers, I do not think it is the proper tool when facing a hoard of hungry zombies.
    Most definitely agree, but they're not making anymore of those either, at least not right now. So it's a specialty market, but the prices have gone certifiably stupid.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries at all, the "I didn't want to sell it anyway" was because I really did not want to but at the moment had to free up some cash etc you know the deal.
    I see that everything AR15 is plummeting and that is awesome!! I just wish AK stuff would follow suit as quickly. I think it has the potential if some of the import restrictions change. Someday Ill get that elusive SVD Drag. There is just no way in my current profession that I could spend 4k for a rifle like that. Maybe someday the powers that be will realize that an all American made well built AR10 is more effective than an ol stamped SVD with so so glass on it and allow importation of them again. Win win for all involved.

At the present and for what reason I can't figure, the SVD and Druganov market is rising sharply. May I say that even though the prices on Gunbroker are double what they were a year ago I don't see any bids placed. Even said if you can find that SVD for 4 grand that you refer to you better jump on it because what I see and have been checking is they are going for a bit more. Also the Druganov was banned from import because of how it was built not who built them. It is actually not an AK. From what I have read they can be converted to full auto. So that is why they were banned. They were banned in 1994 I think so none have been imported since then.
    IMG_0882.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0882.JPG
      IMG_0882.JPG
      583.8 KB · Views: 202
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Got me a nice 556 AK today. Whoo Hoo!
    From Russia with love.
    Might do some shiny red furniture.
    6508f7ca771c51ff4e9b7edd0ce32818.jpg

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red furniture for sure!! I have seen it for sale on other sites for about 100$. Was this one of those 1k rifles we have been hearing about? Where'd it come from?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Was this one of those 1k rifles we have been hearing about? Where'd it come from?
    Not quite. I actually owned this a couple of years ago. Sold it to Carbmofo, who sold it to Loki, who sold it to Fear21, who sold it to Coolpappabell, whom I bought it from. It was only $150 more than I bought it for 2-3 years ago. Considering the addition of the handguard retainer and handguard to complete the conversion, and the the effect of the saiga ban, id say the price was right on.

Cootcommander

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got me a nice 556 AK today. Whoo Hoo!
    From Russia with love.
    Might do some shiny red furniture.
    6508f7ca771c51ff4e9b7edd0ce32818.jpg
    Let me know when you go to sell it

It deserves some surplus Tula furniture on it!
    00afad3a2e31dd92fe2585611a4d5f22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NoSlack2327

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm right on board with lifting import bans Red! Hopefully I can catch wind of it, or go to a psychic to tell me when that will happen, so I can get rid of mine before they plummet in value. Also, Polytech AK's aren't really uncommon, just uncommonly well built. The real "Unicorn(s)" would be the Clayco and the Steyr import MAADI. Which was imported first? Seems to be the debate.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What the Hell did happen? I thought I heard that Obama had put heavy restrictions on importing AK's or even a straight up ban. But I remember when I could get an AK for South of $400 all day long and an AR was close to $ 800-$1000 or more for a run of the Mill model! Now I can get AR's all day for the old AK prices.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What the Hell did happen? I thought I heard that Obama had put heavy restrictions on importing AK's or even a straight up ban. But I remember when I could get an AK for South of $400 all day long and an AR was close to $ 800-$1000 or more for a run of the Mill model! Now I can get AR's all day for the old AK prices.
    Yep, of course when I am into AKs they are sky high, when I could care less about ARs they are in the 400 range lol. Ah well either way its great that the AR15 has finally come down in price. I think every law abiding American should own one. Definitely "Americas" rifle. I guess so is the M1 Garand, but try finding a nice one under 1k these days.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JJs garand was pretty cheap wasn't it?

I don't recall for certain. The tanker ones he had for sale I thought were sweet and well done. If his was the fullsize Garand for 900 sumthing that was one here a week or two ago then yeah that was a good price. Rumor has it the South Koreans are ready to sell us back that conflicts small arms. That would be amazing!!

Top Bottom