• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had great experience with the Vortex strikefire, clear/bright reticle although a little bulky in looks it operated fine. Only issue was making sure the battery cap stayed tight or the reticle would fade in/out.
    I recently put a TRS 25 on the wifes AR and it seems fairly nice at its price point. I did change the high rise mount to a UTG (about $8 from Amazon), seems to hold the optic mo betta.
    With all that said my rifle carries an Eotech 512, I like the 65moa ring with 4moa dot. Even though it's somewhat grainy my magnifier clears it up when I use it to look beyond 100yds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks a million for all the advice, I know a lot more now than I did 24hrs ago. Before I "pull the trigger" on optics I need to hang around the range and check out some of yall's optics. I've never used a red dot so I don't know if I'd want 2moa, 4moa or even if I want one at all.

I usually follow one of old Ben Franklin's wise sayings "You seldom regret having gotten the best", within reason. That is why I sent the cheap M-4 kit back and ordered a premium w/chrome bore. I'm sure it would have worked fine but I didn't particularly like the finish, too much sheen.

Rick

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Thanks a million for all the advice, I know a lot more now than I did 24hrs ago. Before I "pull the trigger" on optics I need to hang around the range and check out some of yall's optics. I've never used a red dot so I don't know if I'd want 2moa, 4moa or even if I want one at all.

I usually follow one of old Ben Franklin's wise sayings "You seldom regret having gotten the best", within reason. That is why I sent the cheap M-4 kit back and ordered a premium w/chrome bore. I'm sure it would have worked fine but I didn't particularly like the finish, too much sheen.

Rick

Rick,

I will at the SRSC around 8:45 Saturday morning helping a young fellow I just helped with an AR build. You are welcome to join us. I can bring out a couple of my ARs of which you can check out the optics and the sight setups. Just let me know ahead of time.

James

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    BTW guys, I just ordered one of the Primary arms Classic 30mm red-dot optics with an American Defense lower 1/3 co-witness mount for my mid-length AR with the Stealth Gray MOE furniture. I like to put money where my mouth is. I will not recommend something I will not use.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Rick, I may be getting in a wood box that needs a touch of glue on a corner...if so, I'll bring various red dots to your house when I come to get the box fixed for you to look through.

Bruce

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've got the primary arms advance micro dot. It's good for what it is. I got it for the battery life. (50k hours). I leave it always on with my SBR.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Disclosure: I've never had a PA.
    Ok, so the nice PA's are just under $200, but an Aimpoint pro can be had for $300, and a gently loved H1 micro for $400. Aimpoints are proven. I vote Aimpoint if you can save a little more lunch money. If not, I've had great luck with Vortex, and PA has great reviews.

Last edited:

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had the vortex strikefire 2. It was a great optic. For my SBR (home defense weapon) I wanted the battery life to leave it on all the time. Maybe I'm just nieve but a dot is a dot and I'm not going into any warfare situations so for 169.00 it was a no brainier for me lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Vortex is nice! I loved my sparc II, they can be found used for about $150. My T1, T2, and H1 really do nothing that the sparc didn't do except provide a little more peace of mind. Much like none of us will never dive to 200M or whatever, but it's nice to know that your watch won't die if you drop it in the sink. Except when it comes to defense or the potential thereof, we're talking about advantages in a life and death situation.
    Rick, Fwiw, I'll be at SRSC on Thursday if you can take an early lunch and swing out there.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I will add this, any "GO TO" weapon should have good quality optics (like Aimpoint, EOTech, or Trijicon). For a range weapon, or even one used for home defense, you can use optics like those from PA and VORTEX with confidence. As many of you guys know, I have several ARs and every one of them has a purpose and are accessorized for such.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Rick , the only 2 that I've got experience with are the Ultradot & the Aimpoint . Of the 2 the Aimpoint is the tougher , albeit more $'s . I've got them on all my Bullseye guns . 45 wadguns have the 30mm 4moa Ultradots , all my 22's & S&W 52 have the 1" 4moa Ultradots & my Reeve's match revolver has an Aimpoint . If money isn't an issue , I'd spring for an Aimpoint . See TackleberryMCS post above for an additional endorsement .

Top Bottom