• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking that would be the case. Say the no.2 is better? I'll try to find some of that too. Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on loading .44 mag for me redhawk 7.5". All info for this one welcomed. I mainly like to shoot the dueling tree with this one at about 30-40 yards.

If this is what your shooting, wouldn't you want a lover vel round for faster recoil recovery? .44 Russian or .44 Special loads would do the trick. You can make the cases easy enough if needed.

Why waste powder and heavy bullets when you don't have to?

snpmorgan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just not sure about chamber fouling with the shorter cartridge. May not be an issue, I really don't know for sure. Sounds like something to look in to. Thoughts?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For nearly 40 years I have been using Red Dot for fun loads in both the pistol cartridges that I reload.
    Cast 200 SWC in .45 ACP
    Cast 215 and 250 SWC in .44 Mag.

Red Dot (4.5 to 5.9 gr) also works for full power loads in .45 ACP in any of the common jacketed bullet weights.

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My all time favorite powders are from Accurate (I also love W296). I know that I have loaded over 60K rounds with AA#5 in the past in 38 special back when I loaded for the corrections pistol team and out local police department. That was when I worked at a range. Due to the shortage I have been forced to switch to Vihtavuori N330 so we will see how that goes. I'm loading 12k rounds of 38spl and 5k rounds of 357 mag atm for the 147gr SWC-HP-GC that I make so hopefully Accurate won't fall from grace lol. I searced for over a month but it is just about impossible to buy 50lbs or more AA#5 these days especially if your looking for a deal. The other day I wiped some shelves off due to small pistol primers being priced at $18/brick. You won't be disappointed with AA#5. It works great. I have also loaded a bunch of 45ACP and dislike W231 powder due to it's dirtyness. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've got some AA#7 I'm going to be working up loads with, for my .40 S&W CX4 Carbine. I plan on pushing a Rainer 155gr FP.

AA#7 is one of the powders called for in the recipes. Sure, it's the slowest on the list - but that's what drove my decision to use it with the carbine.

Top Bottom