• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    a little more tease. my atn thor on top of my ar/pistol chambered in 6.8spcII,10.5 inch 1:10 twist yhm upper. spikes/spider lower,geissele trigger,plus this-and that. also sig brace on a kak tube.

this combo has lots of blood on it including a 260+ lb hog. --- sawman

Attachments

• SANY0065.jpg
      SANY0065.jpg
      658.9 KB · Views: 263

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    great vid. couple of comments.

1.use enough gun .... which imo,the 6.8 is.
    2. did i hear him say V-MAX. completely wrong in any caliber/chambering for hogs.
    3. please ...... can't we all start using the proper terminology. caliber refers to bore size ... as in ... .308" or .224" or .257". chambering is used for what the thing is called that fits into the thing that is made into the thing that you use for shooting ..... whatever. example ... 270Win,6.8SPC,or 308Win,300Win Mag. these are a CHAMBERING.

now on to mag vs clip ....... ? ....... never mind. ---- sawman

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    He said there was a 556 also shooting with the vmax, the 6.8's were firing handload 120SST. The 556 and the 300WTF is not enough gun/caliber/chambering/rifle for running large hogs in the shooters opinion, you can comment directly on his utube channel or LSB for further info, I was not there and just passed on the remarkable video in the interest of FUN.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Enough gun...

I am now on the MDWS waiting list for a 10.5" 6.8 bbl. Using my 8" 300BLK bbl, my 272 lb hog stopped the bullet when it hit the spine. The bullet did not penetrate into the spine. I do feel a longer Blackout bbl would have given me more penetration. The Blackout has never failed to completely pass through a sow, but has failed to completely penetrate two boars now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    first thought was .......... that video was made a few weeks ago in a peanut field north of milton.

bang .. bang .. bang ............ bang .. bang .... bang ................. and ... bang. ----- sawman

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Enough gun...

I am now on the MDWS waiting list for a 10.5" 6.8 bbl. Using my 8" 300BLK bbl, my 272 lb hog stopped the bullet when it hit the spine. The bullet did not penetrate into the spine. I do feel a longer Blackout bbl would have given me more penetration. The Blackout has never failed to completely pass through a sow, but has failed to completely penetrate two boars now.

Good for you, I am waiting on the ARP barrel myself 12.5"? I believe. Mark at MDWS is a good guy, very helpful.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Todd is Pro Staff for LWRC and Armasight also sponsored by Vortex

3RD GEN NIGHT VISION VS THERMAL
    HOG HUNTING IN TEXAS FILMED WITH THIRD GEN NIGHT VISION, AND THERMAL AT THE SAME TIME. USING THE LWRC SIX8 SPR RAZORBACK, ARMASIGHT APOLLO CLIP-ON, VORTEX RAZOR HD II 1X6 SCOPE AND THE HORNADY 120SST.

pcola4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is pretty cool. I would love a good thermal for hog hunting. Lots a $$$$$$

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah it is, the guy on the video is Armasight Prostaff and has been provided 5-8 units to use and evaluate in hunting atmosphere. They are about to send him 3 more of the new ProLine, that is what happens when you Video your hunts and put them up on Youtube.

Top Bottom