• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Inexpensive to buy - inexpensive to shoot - decent accuracy - plenty of power...

Many a Nazi met their demise at the business end of one of these!

Exactly....somehow these rifles managed to kill tens of thousands.....for $99 and a cheap box of ammo,you're 'PREPPING'..lol

Sandspur6

Expert
    they can be a good budget Deer Rifle. 20+ years back I bought four M44's with busted stocks for $100 and converted them into 27" deer killing machines.
    took over 10 deer with these two that are now dusty and retired but I could back pack them into where I was not supposed to be on a motorcycle and no one ever knew.
    View attachment 1262

Dang. Now those are just plain wicked. Who'd a thunk you could turn a Mosin into something like that. Way cool.

j74snook

Expert
    they can be a good budget Deer Rifle. 20+ years back I bought four M44's with busted stocks for $100 and converted them into 27" deer killing machines.
    took over 10 deer with these two that are now dusty and retired but I could back pack them into where I was not supposed to be on a motorcycle and no one ever knew.
    View attachment 1262

is it me or do those look like planet of the apes props

Flyin&Fishin

Shooter
    i checked out the $99.00 mosins at http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...s/surplus.html and it is not that great of a deal as they don't unclude the most important accessory the bayonet. i have seen similar deals that incluse the bayonet for the same price.

I was actually at the store in Columbia, SC last week and considered getting one for fun. The bayonet was not listed, but it was in the box. I decided I have more important things to mess with than trying to get rid of all that cosmoline. The one I looked at was packed pretty good.

jbrian420

Shooter
    I am a new owner of a mosin and gotta say they are a ton of fun to shoot. I was grouping shots at 100yds with no problems. Heck my 12yr old nephew was even hitting target at that distance. The kick is not that bad either. I really like the ammo costs to shoot.

XD45

Master
    SKS WAS CHEEP AT ONE TIME TO REMEMBER

M/N best bang for the buck rt now cheep gun cheep ammo find a m44 and it's a diff animal then the 91/30

wildrider666

Master
    If you search a bit on the net you can find the "identifiers" that marked the very accurate Mosins that were pulled from normal production, scoped and issued for sniper use. There was no specially built Mosin for "sniping".

They are just hard for the non-shop guy to scope with the straight bolt handle. The scout (long eye relief) scopes work fine just take care on the drill and tap.

I would just crop the barrel/stock to 17 inch and drill a post hole front sight and file to elevation. Grand kids can repel boarders!

Here is a Project. Take your Mosin and do the Native American "Tack, nail, leather, carve" thing. If you get a Mosin made by one of the America armories: all the better. Go way outside the box!!!

I may put "Pin-Up" grips on my Glock.

WR

Top Bottom