• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah i saw that, but have never figured out why someone would want one...LOL

FUPAGUNT

Master
    What is all the hype with these Mosin's? i know they are cheap as shit is that why everyone seems to want one?

flyandscuba

Master
    Inexpensive to buy - inexpensive to shoot - decent accuracy - plenty of power...

Many a Nazi met their demise at the business end of one of these!

TraderDan

Master
    I just ordered 25 of them, I am going to sporterize them cut them down , shine them up add a tasco and sell them back to use guy's for $399 deer guns Huh? Who wants some? I will go in order of I'll Take it's.

b747fp

Master
    I want to get one just to have a cheap refinishing project, won't be the highlight of my arsenal though.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    I want to get one just to have a cheap refinishing project, won't be the highlight of my arsenal though.

That sounds like a fun project,might have to do it myself,any of you guys know how accurate they can be out to 75 yds or so? I am thinking of a carbine I woiuld not ming dragging through the nasty stuff after some bacon!

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Most Mosins are 2moa or better with milsurp ammo. Better with factory new but not really tack drivers. Great for hogs and if it jams in action you can beat a boar to death or bayo it from 19 feet away.

ksenter

Master
    I have one and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Its also a LOT to shoot. Standing and holding the recoil is manageable. Put it on a table and its pretty tough after a good few rounds. Cheap gun, cheap ammo, cheap fun. Refinished mine and she's purdy now, no loss in value...frankly, cause it never had any

florabamaboy

Shooter
    I know there is no real value in the Mosin's. However my son is a H.S senior this year and is a prett big military history buff. He has his wish list compiled of rifles he wants so I picked up the Nagant to see how he handled a "vintage" piece of military history. This being done before I put out the $ on something of real value. He has cherished the Nagant to the point I feel comfortable starting to work on his wish list. I guess you could say the Mosin was a responsibility test and he passed.

Sandspur6

Expert
    I own a couple of these, and have owned several more over the years. They are tough, well made, reasonably accurate, and just plain fun to shoot. Lots of cheap ammo available. Just bear in mind that most of it is corrosive, so if you don't clean it within a couple of hours of shooting it, you will have a ruined bore.

Giortire

Expert
    I bought one on from a member on here just because I could not pass on a 100 dollar rifle, that sounded fun to shoot. It was definitely worth it.

Longbow14

Shooter
    I don't know what to say about those things. they look like somthing i'd see with a soldier holding up after finding a weapons cache in Afghanistan. but still cool

Top Bottom