• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brassman57

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Building my first ar pistol and have some questions about blast from a five inch barrel shooting subsonic 300 blackout. I know that the round needs about eight inches to burn most of not all the power. So adding another three inches to to it with my 7.62 can, anyone have an idea of what the muzzle blast would be? May have to wear sunglasses……

DAS HUGH!

Master
    My Rattlers are nearly the same size and the blast with a can isn't very noticeable. At least during the day it's not. I made a goof off video of one in fact. Forgot to adjust the gas so it wasn't cycling that day with the lighter subs.
    Anyways you should be good with no ears or glasses. But yeah wear them anyways of course.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Let me know if you want to get started. In my past life had type 6 ffl and my shop had an auto drive Dillon pumping out blackout cases way before it was cool. And picked up heavy.308 by the buckets. You’d need to find powder. Later
    That's pretty awesome. My brother is setup to reload 30 cal. It's all been boxed up for years tho. Been meaning to go by there and learn to reload but yeah he no longer has the space. I'd set it up at my place but I too don't have the room. The fact I lost access to my private range access has me shooting alot less now too. Not to mention the ammo prices.
    Long story short the little gob of ammo I do have has lasted a good bit so far now lol. So it hasn't been a priority yet I guess and got put on the back burner.
    They just opened a new range up nearby and plan to go check them out asap tho. So things may change soon hopefully. So I may take ya up on the offer after all. Thanks!

What can are you going with btw? Mine shown is the Rugged Razor 762. Not the quietest can but it sure is well built. I went that route since size was a premium on the small PDW sized setups for me vs longer quieter ones.

Jdcujo

Master
    That's pretty awesome. My brother is setup to reload 30 cal. It's all been boxed up for years tho. Been meaning to go by there and learn to reload but yeah he no longer has the space. I'd set it up at my place but I too don't have the room. The fact I lost access to my private range access has me shooting alot less now too. Not to mention the ammo prices.
    Long story short the little gob of ammo I do have has lasted a good bit so far now lol. So it hasn't been a priority yet I guess and got put on the back burner.
    They just opened a new range up nearby and plan to go check them out asap tho. So things may change soon hopefully. So I may take ya up on the offer after all. Thanks!

What can are you going with btw? Mine shown is the Rugged Razor 762. Not the quietest can but it sure is well built. I went that route since size was a premium on the small PDW sized setups for me vs longer quieter ones.

A Lee hand press goes a long way ;)

Top Bottom