• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ken232

Marksman
    6.8 vs 300 at 200 yards...hmmm havent shot 300 but given what its designed for..id prolly use 6.8 and..we should all go to ians house sort ammo sing kumm bayyy yaaa and get along

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    you nor anyone else can get them for less that 169 IF you can get them good luck OH and they get a Pmag too...LOL

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Ok girls shut it up!! I have made my best attempt to these hippies on this thread as to what different types of meats, and cuts WILL be called in my presence... Sorry i chose this thread to do it in but, Please don't get it deleted again Fkers......

Try'n Hard

Expert
    Some body needs to get mad enough on hear to go out and create a "Meat Forum" where we can argue about the things that really matter!!

Daezee

Master
    Well while we are on this - what is a better round for a youth to shoot deer (<200 yards) 300 or 6.8?

Either will do under those circumstances. I've killed 8 deer with the 300. The farthest was 187 yards. One thing to keep in mind with the 300, is that the bullets don't start out with the highest of 30 caliber velocities. That means you can run out of the velocity needed to expand the bullet (depends upon your bullet) before you run out of ability to hit the deer. For example, I use Nosler 125gr ballistic tip bullets for hunting. They need 1800 fps for good expansion, per Nosler. That means out of a 300 Blackout with a 16" barrel, that bullet is limited to about 200 yards before the velocity drops too low. That's fine for me, as I like the mild recoil of the 300 Blackout, and the farthest distance you can see deer at my brother's farm is 225 yards. The times that deer have showed at the 225 yard mark (the end of the field) I waited for them to move closer to inside the field. Bonus: sometimes by waiting instead of shooting right away, other deer can show up thinking the area is safe. The best I had was waiting and waiting, and a finally a total of 9 deer were in the field! I picked a large doe that had gotten to 50 yards away and got her. I do own a 6.8 SBR with a 12.5" bbl, but haven't deer hunted with it yet...I need to do some downrange ballistic research to see how the Sierra 110gr prohunter bullets should expand at farther distances...I do find it very accurate.

IM4MOPAR

Expert
    NO DRILL SGT., pretty entertaining, plus I'm gettin' schooled in "MEATOLOGY"!!!!!!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Some of ya'll just need to get out sone pent up aggression. I think meetin up in a park with NERF foam bats would help lol.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    This is awesome, at least 3 different topics covered in one thread and the poor man just trying to sell an upper. And I'm with MH, ain't nuttin in these here woods called a venison...

IM4MOPAR

Expert
    HEY, I GOT A WOOD STOCK OFF OF A MARLIN 60, COUPLE DENTS, A SMALL CRACK AND A SACK-O-DEER MEAT TO TRADE FOR YOUR UPPER!!!!! MIGHT BE WILLING TO THROW IN A FRUIT TREE, BARE ROOT OF COURSE:deadhorse:

Top Bottom