• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sunday 1930, wally on Front Beach Road. Several thousand rounds of 22LR on the shelf. 550 bulk $29, 50 PK under $4 and 100 PK but don't remember price. First time in 3-4 years since I've seen it on the shelf! I have a good old stock from when it was less then 2 cents a round and didn't buy any. Three by type limit signs still up.

As we have seen greater availability and much better prices lately on the net, if Mfg/Dist are selling to wally at their low acceptable wholesale price I would think the order backlog is about gone. Will have to see what it looks like over te next few weeks to confirm consistant availability unless bamalame opens his mouth again.

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm calling a fluke lol.

Haven't seen any at the Navarre Wal Mart since Sandy Hook.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Three 50 round boxes of CCI on the shelf at the Lynn Haven walmart this evening as well. Doesn't really matter to me, I sold off all of my .22's about a year after Sandy Hook. Paying more than 2-3 cent/round kinda take all the fun out of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RidgeRunner

It's only original once
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well the one over here by 9 mile rd have finally wised up some and started to stagger the stocking hours and say they are getting it in and it seems to stay on the shelf a bit longer, but I still haven't seen any, but like most I don't really care anymore, I'm way over it. The dumb bastards at the stores sat back and allowed most of the problem to get out of hand to start with.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Follow up to OP: 22LR still on the shelf a week later, good news.

FWIW: While talking to the Salesperson; It was mentioned that Wally may discontinue stocking .22 (hell, they just started to get flow going again). Stores want to keep the product but somewhere in corprate they don't. No reasons provided to store staff, but the person says they float this info out first then drop the axe like they have on some firearms.

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: While talking to the Salesperson; It was mentioned that Wally may discontinue stocking .22 (hell, they just started to get flow going again). Stores want to keep the product but somewhere in corprate they don't. No reasons provided to store staff, but the person says they float this info out first then drop the axe like they have on some firearms.

Seeing this corroborated across the internet. the claim is that since walmart can not keep 22 in stock(they can't get enough from suppliers), the shelf space is better spent stocking stuff they can get.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be. Their business model is to pay less buy large Qty. Needless to say other companies wanted large qty and were willing to pay more.
    I think if wally has it the others are sitting fat. Just finished an article that said ammo sales have been down this year, handgun sales way up.

Top Bottom