• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We talked about it briefly before the match, but after learning a missed plate was only -1 second, I think the optimal strategy for irons with 10 round mags is still to shoot at each plate once and move on. But that is sooooooooo hard to do.

Either that or possibly going back through each array with only one makeup shot per plate. Once you get into a second makeup shot and beyond your losing time versus a miss. Certainly not shooting over and over to slide lock standing reload like we were doing lol.

I rewatch we my video on the polish plate rack I left 3 plates did a standing reload and took 7 more shots to clean it. It took 9 seconds versus -3 seconds in penalties for a net loss of 6 seconds.

I'm going to try to remember this for next year, as it will take a lot of discipline to only take one shot at each.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That one of my issues as well, the same stage I spent way too much time trying to clear an array of plates and went to slide lock before moving on. For whatever reason I couldn't just leave em hanging out there...laughing at me like they did to Jogan. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I made that mistake on Dammit Dan, then I made the opposite mistake on Todo Hates It. I should have done a standing reload instead of leaving 3 plates (plus the bonus) standing on the first array. I also shouldn't have shot at the bonus targets on The Long Hallway.

mosher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made that mistake on Dammit Dan, then I made the opposite mistake on Todo Hates It. I should have done a standing reload instead of leaving 3 plates (plus the bonus) standing on the first array. I also shouldn't have shot at the bonus targets on The Long Hallway.

I think the first bonus on long hallway wasn't worth it for me, the second was a wash. Definitely a different strategy to shooting this type of match than a normal USPSA match. The stage plans were pretty straight forward, but the decision on leaving steel up is a new layer I wasn't prepared for.

mosher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    [video]https://youtu.be/4_kCqK2HCzA[/video]

Here is my carefully edited match video that only shows the arrays I did well on. It is incredibly shorter than the raw video lol.

Top Bottom