• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I don't mind telling you other than buying and wearing it,I knew nothing till 30 minutes before I posted it.I googled the model number and some guy had all the research right there with pictures of my watch model.

All Seiko's should have a Serial number on the case back

The first number in the Serial is the last number in the year of production, and so if it is a new watch and you see an 8 it should be the year 2008
    The second number in the Serial is the month the watch was made if you see a 4 it will be the month of April
    most Seiko serial are 6 digits long and so a serial of 86XXXX would be a watch made in April of 2008

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?26611-How-to-date-the-age-of-your-Seiko-Watch

The key to the whole trick is knowing what movement is in side and older movement like the 6309 was made in the late 70's and 80's and so a watch with 86XXXX would be April 1988 and so on ...
    A note on months since only one numberis used for the months Oct / Nov / Dec being two numbers is noted by letter
    if you see a Zero it is a letter O for October N= Nov D= Dec
    8DXXXX would be December 2008 8OXXXX would be October 2008

It does help to know a little about movement production dates when dating watches on the street but if you have a computer handy you can always drop by these fine websites:

Last edited:

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK Gene, almost a year late abd then it is not a dive watch, remember I was USAF it is a tachymeter 051822 , stainless 6139-6000, Japan it is a '69 or 70 due to the notched case, 70M waterproof

6139-6005 + 6139-6009 are USA models while 6139-6000 + 6139-6002 are non-USA models. They are all basically the same watch with a blue + red non rotating outer tachometer bezel and a yellow or black rotating inner bezel with 0 to 60 minute time increments.

That is all I know...non working

How do you read the date code to see when it was make?

I don't mind telling you other than buying and wearing it,I knew nothing till 30 minutes before I posted it.I googled the model number and some guy had all the research right there with pictures of my watch model.

All Seiko's should have a Serial number on the case back

The first number in the Serial is the last number in the year of production, and so if it is a new watch and you see an 8 it should be the year 2008
    The second number in the Serial is the month the watch was made if you see a 4 it will be the month of April
    most Seiko serial are 6 digits long and so a serial of 86XXXX would be a watch made in April of 2008

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?26611-How-to-date-the-age-of-your-Seiko-Watch

The key to the whole trick is knowing what movement is in side and older movement like the 6309 was made in the late 70's and 80's and so a watch with 86XXXX would be April 1988 and so on ...
    A note on months since only one numberis used for the months Oct / Nov / Dec being two numbers is noted by letter
    if you see a Zero it is a letter O for October N= Nov D= Dec
    8DXXXX would be December 2008 8OXXXX would be October 2008

It does help to know a little about movement production dates when dating watches on the street but if you have a computer handy you can always drop by these fine websites:

Frank great answer the key is knowing the decade the watch was made in. Like Franks should be 1970 and made in May. The value of these watches are all dependent on condition whether they are all original or not, parts are getting much harder to find and a reputable watch repairer that will keep it original and not use after market parts. Parts and labor usually make it not worth restoring some of these watches while others can fetch a nice return it all depends. Depends on what you are looking to do, the watch I posted above cost me more for parts than what I could have gotten another one for, but I had it for years and it had sentimental value to me. I have not been working on any watches lately as school and work has taken up most of my time this last year, one more semester and I will be done at least for a few months. Frank I tend to stick to the diver style watches and would have to pass on that one. Thanks for getting back to me! ")

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Navarre Jewelry & Quartz Watch Repair
    OPEN NOW
    Today:10:00 am - 4:00 pm
    2282 Highway 87, Navarre, FL 32566
    (850) 684-3699

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's nice work! Did you polish the crystal or is that new? I hover over on watchuseek and love looking at some of the stuff those guys do on their restoration/one-off watches. I took a couple watches over to a watchsmith in Spanish fort to have a band adjusted and a couple new batteries installed and he showed me some pretty cool stuff. I don't have the steady hands or patience for that type of work that goes into some of those movements.

madeSICC8 you wouldn't happen to have the name of the place you went to would you? I have a Omega oyster pearl Constellation Perpetual Calendar that I want a Jeweler to look at, possibly clean, etc... Every watch dealer in this town doesn't carry Omega, The Jewelry shop down -town used to carry Omega but I guess the owner just wanted Rolex for his top dollar watches, seeing how they have to be cleaned/serviced yearly at $500. it's a win-win for him. The Jeweler there has been there for over 20 years and said he has tried to talk him into getting Omega's back and he don't want to. I went to the closest Omega dealer around here supposedly at the Destin Comines and the guy there didn't know anything. I asked him how much to get it serviced/cleaned and he said they send them to Omega for that.
    Anyway any help with the place in Alabama I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its was called Carlisle's Watch Repair, it's located in Spanish Fort. I am not even sure it is still open, I drove by the building the other day and didn't see his sign in the door.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Stuntmanmike

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If your still looking I have one. I also have a Citizen Pro master i just dont wear. uploadfromtaptalk1458092159989.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1458092171274.jpg

Nuclear brief case

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1458092159989.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1458092159989.jpg
      302.4 KB · Views: 20
    • uploadfromtaptalk1458092171274.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1458092171274.jpg
      306.1 KB · Views: 20
    Top Bottom