• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for older Seiko dive watches 70s-90s. Running or not kind of a hobby of mine refurbishing them need to practice! ") LMK what you have and a decent picture of front and back of the case. Cash and or gun related items available for trade. Thanks Gene

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, great meeting you today appreciate the deal! we'll have to get together again for a few more sea stories! Thanks Gene

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any more info on that watch that I showed you and you took pics of.

Respond in PM only please. --- SAWMAN
    You got it Bill!

You got any pics of some of your restos? Those older Seikos can bring a nice bit of $$.

I only got into some minor watch modding and partial restos due to an old quartz diver I was quite fond of and had sentimental value to me. The prices of original parts on older discontinued models can be quite high. For the price of a crystal and bezel I could have gotten a very good condition same model but would not have been the same. The only way to truly maintain keep their value is through the original parts. Adding aftermarket parts hurts any value it may have. You truly have to purchase something at a reasonable price as once any original parts can be hunted down purchased and installed you may wind up having way more into it than it is worth. Then figure in the price to have one serviced! servicing alone on some older watches can be worth more than the watch! I wont work on movements too tiny for these old eyes and hands! There are some that sell for some crazy money and I stay away from those as I like to wear mine and rotate through my collection, and homages and mods are cheaper! Below are pics of the quartz diver that started my new madness! I have a NIP bezel yet to be put on but I can wait(another 25 years! lol). School and work is currently taking up too much of my time to do much on my watches as its a slow and tedious process and the learning curve is steep but it teaches patience! I have no more guns to tweak on so had to have something!

Attachments

• 5h26.jpg
      5h26.jpg
      400.6 KB · Views: 66
    • 5h262.jpg
      5h262.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 65

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's nice work! Did you polish the crystal or is that new? I hover over on watchuseek and love looking at some of the stuff those guys do on their restoration/one-off watches. I took a couple watches over to a watchsmith in Spanish fort to have a band adjusted and a couple new batteries installed and he showed me some pretty cool stuff. I don't have the steady hands or patience for that type of work that goes into some of those movements.

Gene

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glass crystal is almost impossible to polish scratches out of or so I've been told but they usually polish up scratches on acrylic/plastic crystals. Their are some pretty slick watch forum they have great tutorials as well.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK Gene, almost a year late abd then it is not a dive watch, remember I was USAF it is a tachymeter 051822 , stainless 6139-6000, Japan it is a '69 or 70 due to the notched case, 70M waterproof

6139-6005 + 6139-6009 are USA models while 6139-6000 + 6139-6002 are non-USA models. They are all basically the same watch with a blue + red non rotating outer tachometer bezel and a yellow or black rotating inner bezel with 0 to 60 minute time increments.

That is all I know...non working

Attachments

• 100_0193.JPG
      100_0193.JPG
      437.1 KB · Views: 40
    • 100_0195.JPG
      100_0195.JPG
      300.8 KB · Views: 40
    Top Bottom