• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for a Semi-Auto M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle near Pensacola. I'm on the waiting for list with Ohio Ordnance Works already but checking to see if anyone local had one.

Thanks for looking.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh thats not bad on either front... I just saw 2 sell on Gunbroker in the 6 - 7k range the 6.5k had some extras. But that is not bad at all. I think the 1st I remember seeing OOW selling them in the 4500 range but you got several magazines.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh thats not bad on either front... I just saw 2 sell on Gunbroker in the 6 - 7k range the 6.5k had some extras. But that is not bad at all. I think the 1st I remember seeing OOW selling them in the 4500 range but you got several magazines.
    Yeah I saw one for $6k+ and another one for $12k

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the 1919A4, M1 Garand M1903A3, two M1 Carbines (Inland and Winchester), 1944 Colt M1911, and a 1917 Luger. Just need the Thompson, a Reising, the BAR, and a shotgun

Right.. Now I really hope you do not honestly believe that you can call it quits with just a few more items.. :)

If I have learned anything.. You get one more gun closer to completing your wants only to learn there are 3 more new guns that you have to have..

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to ask.... not being a jerk... What does this do that an AR10/ HK91 / FAL / M14 does not?? I get the nostalgia angle. My father carried one and loved it.

Oh heavens its night and day what a 1918 BAR does over some of the guns you listed. A BAR is heavier and hold less ammo then most of those you mentioned..

The BAR is harder to clean and field strips into lots more parts.

They are a tad harder to hold and carry then the ones you mentioned. And the Bi Pod is much harder to use then a modern Bi-pod.

And they do have a certain Je ne sais Quoi

DSCF7035 (2).JPG

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oh heavens its night and day what a 1918 BAR does over some of the guns you listed. A BAR is heavier and hold less ammo then most of those you mentioned..

They are a tad harder to hold and carry then the ones you mentioned. And the Bi Pod is much harder to use then a modern Bi-pod.

View attachment 98580
    Even with all that, pretty damm cool. The very first "battle rifle".

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even with all that, pretty damm cool. The very first "battle rifle".
    It was never a battle rifle. It was intended to be used as a light machine gun and most did not have a semiauto selector position. The most common model was slow full auto fire on one position and faster full auto in the other along with a safety position.
    a selector switch allowing a fast (550 RPM) or slow (350 RPM) rate of fire in lieu of semiautomatic.
    1606439857198.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

View attachment 98580
    I'll take one off your hands..

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well a grease gun and a 03A1 as well. Mostly just the US ones as I concentrate on that for the museum as well as events

See the list grew and it had not even been 24 hours... :)

Let me ask, on that Reising are you going for one of the full auto versions or are you going for one of the Semi auto Police model 60s. (ha I do not think there can be a wrong answer)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See the list grew and it had not even been 24 hours... :)

Let me ask, on that Reising are you going for one of the full auto versions or are you going for one of the Semi auto Police model 60s. (ha I do not think there can be a wrong answer)
    Full auto Model 55 is $6k. It's one of the cheapest class 3 full auto guns you can get

Top Bottom