• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Re: (Sticky) What gun stuff did you do today?

Mounted the Dillion swage and started processing a big batch of 223 brass. Scored some bullets to load some 308 and made the spousal unit happy so I can shoot some this weekend

Tapped on my SGS3

Gunslinger82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tuned my "trayvon bag" to stash in my trunk for the next week or so. I commute to Mobile for work each day, and given the current climate, it is deep into "Indian" country. Keep your powder dry, gentlemen.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went and did the form4 for my SDN-6 suppressor that just came in then came home to a box on the front porch with my G3 wood furniture and other misc. parts and pieces in it so I messed with the PTR91 a bit. Then the mail lady brought my new holster for my Beretta 92A1 so I messed with it for a bit. Now to decide on whether I want an ACOG or a 1-4 for the PTR, leaning towards a 1-4 at this point.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    For one last time I bumped my Arsenal SLR-95 up to the top of the "For Sale" thread. I guess no one wants a quality AK anymore.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For one last time I bumped my Arsenal SLR-95 up to the top of the "For Sale" thread. I guess no one wants a quality AK anymore.

I doubt it's a lack of wanting one, more like a lack of funds. I'm sure a lot of guys like myself, didn't "panic" buy but did load up on ammo, a few extra firearms and accessories that they might not have otherwise. I bought things I normally wouldn't this Spring. That's why I'm going easy right now on the XDs purchase. Personally I'd love to have that SLR-95 but play money is tighter than usual.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Comparing the RCBS swager the to the Dillon. Things to like about each. The dillon aligns the brass faster and requires less force but is a pain to change from small to large. The RCBS can be used very comfortably while sitting down.

Tapped on my SGS3

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just ordered a new set of electronic ear protection. The headband of my cheap ones has been coming apart for a while now.

I also learned how to adjust the trigger on my Rem 700, thanks to M.O.A.

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chambered in .308. Possibly heavy barrel. Not entirely sure about the rest. I want a good mid/long range gun, but from what I have read there are many different combos and models. Still trying to educate myself. Advice is welcome.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Chambered in .308. Possibly heavy barrel. Not entirely sure about the rest. I want a good mid/long range gun, but from what I have read there are many different combos and models. Still trying to educate myself. Advice is welcome.

This is the one I've been playing with for a while. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?8748-Another-Remington-700-Build-(PIC-HEAVY)

Just some basics from my limited experience: SPS Tactical, Varmint and Sendero models have the heavy barrel. The SPS Tactical AAC-SD model has a better twist for heavy bullets and is already threaded.

Last edited:

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the one I've been playing with for a while. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?8748-Another-Remington-700-Build-(PIC-HEAVY)

Just some basics from my limited experience: SPS Tactical, Varmint and Sendero models have the heavy barrel. The SPS Tactical AAC-SD model has a better twist for heavy bullets and is already threaded.

That is great TJ! Lots of food for thought. BTW if you want your $250 back let me know!

Top Bottom