• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sorted about 60lbs of brass yesterday into 45, 40, and 9mm/38 variants. Got another 160+ pounds to sort, then I've got to go through and separate all the different 9mm/38 cartridges.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    As suspected, my frangible load shot accurately in the M16. I was shooting at some mild steel at 34yd, and the higher velocity out of the 20" A2 bbl caused minor dents in the metal even with frangible bullets. No big deal...I normally shoot steel at that closer range with a short bbl and less velocity. D60 Magpul drum worked perfectly.

My 7.62x39 AR upper had a bolt lug break off at round #919, so it's order another bolt for it. Aim Surplus bolts have been rated nice by others, so that's what I'll order.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Part of the fun of building an AR is wait for and opening the packages. It Christmas

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I sorted about 60lbs of brass yesterday into 45, 40, and 9mm/38 variants. Got another 160+ pounds to sort, then I've got to go through and separate all the different 9mm/38 cartridges.
    I have about 20-25lbs to sort thru. Figured it would be a good project for my daughter. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have about 20-25lbs to sort thru. Figured it would be a good project for my daughter. ;)

I picked up these sorter trays and they work extremely well. 25lbs should only take 10 or 15 minutes with them. Let me know if you want to borrow them.

847836.jpg

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anybody could use some free brass I have about 3/4 of a coffee can full of mostly 9mm and maybe a hand full of. 45. Also have almost 3 cans full of. 223. I will not use it anytime in the near future and and just taking up space my garage. I live in daphne if there are any takers.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If anybody could use some free brass I have about 3/4 of a coffee can full of mostly 9mm and maybe a hand full of. 45. Also have almost 3 cans full of. 223. I will not use it anytime in the near future and and just taking up space my garage. I live in daphne if there are any takers.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If no one has an immediate need for them, I will take it. I probably won't be making reloads until I finish all my books on reloading (about a week or two). I work in Foley \ Orange Beach, so I can pick them up.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Picked up the new LWRC-DI rifle and a carry handle Bushmaster upper. I'll be building the lower for the bushy tomorrow. Whoo Hoo!
    Anyone have a spare M4rgery style stock sitting around?

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How do you like the Romeo sight?

I haven't used it yet... been so dang busy I haven't gone to the range. Flopped it around on a few rifles though. The quick detach isn't exactly quick. But, other than that, it seems great. I haven't turned it off since I got it. It's motion activated, and is always on every time I pick up the rifle.

Once it cools down a bit, I'm due for a serious range day.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I sorted through another 40lbs of brass yesterday. It would be easy, except that about every third .40 case has a 9mm or 38 stuck inside it.

Last edited:

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dry fired with the CZ 75 this morning... that silly thing fits better, points better, and just flat out feels more natural than the 2011. Guess it's time to switch over to production for good!

Also found out 2 awesome things about the CZ this morning. First, broke it down to check the leade / throat depth; checked by dropping in a 147 loaded at 1.135 which plunk & spun without issue. WOOOHOO! Second, noticed the trigger bar was polished on the hump tops. Hrmmm I had a feeling someone was in the gun before due to the markings on the main spring plug & missing polycoat on the trigger pin. I'm really thinking someone who knew CZ's has some upgrades installed already.

All I need now are a few more quality mags and a FO front sight.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dry fired with the CZ 75 this morning... that silly thing fits better, points better, and just flat out feels more natural than the 2011. Guess it's time to switch over to production for good!

Also found out 2 awesome things about the CZ this morning. First, broke it down to check the leade / throat depth; checked by dropping in a 147 loaded at 1.135 which plunk & spun without issue. WOOOHOO! Second, noticed the trigger bar was polished on the hump tops. Hrmmm I had a feeling someone was in the gun before due to the markings on the main spring plug & missing polycoat on the trigger pin. I'm really thinking someone who knew CZ's has some upgrades installed already.

All I need now are a few more quality mags and a FO front sight.

Dawson is hard to beat for the front sight. I prefer CZ SP-01 mags with Shockbottle basepads and +10% Wolff springs. I had some trouble with the 17rnd MecGar AFC's dropping free.

There are several folks around here that have made the transition to CZ's over the last few years (myself included). They really do feel and shoot great!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SCTaylor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool, thanks. I've got 2 stock mags for sure and one 18rd too, not sure what the 4th mag is though. Either way, off to a goods start!

Top Bottom