• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I find it pretty comical that everyone has there own version of FDE. Even Keltec can't decide on one shade of it. Yes the two bottom guns are made by keltec and two different shades of FDE. WTF...
    Have you ever seen an FDE SCAR? Even within the same company, they can't decide what FDE means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the magpul hunter stock as well on my remy700aac and it feels amazing. Very rigid (no contact when loading bipod or using bags) and is superbly priced in comparison to chassis systems. The bedding block is full aluminum and continnues into the forend substantially (pictures, no physical evidence). I am very happy with the stock system and the ability to add/delete cheekweld and buttplate spacers allows one to adjust it to size.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Please correct me if wrong but I believe that this stock takes a "special" Mag from MagPul.

If so ..... how many come with the stock and would you happen to know what the extra mags cost ?? Do you have to order them from MagPul or are they on the shelf where other MagPul products are sold ?? --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Please correct me if wrong but I believe that this stock takes a "special" Mag from MagPul.

If so ..... how many come with the stock and would you happen to know what the extra mags cost ?? Do you have to order them from MagPul or are they on the shelf where other MagPul products are sold ?? --- SAWMAN
    I believe they take an AR10 mag... $15 at any real gun store, and just about every big box sporting goods store.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, I am getting in to something that I've wanted to for quite some time. Just been waiting on ammo availability to get better...

Custom 10/22 (sort of)

Started off with a factory takedown model.

1570aab7ab5e7de982cecfa11b98f578.jpg

Ordered a tactical solutions barrel and hogue stock.

a786549784b80addd575d71825876bb8.jpg

Next order of business will be optics. Leaning towards a reflex like the fastfire III or Vortex venom.

May go with a 1-4 magnification scope, not sure yet.

Also plan on aftermarket charging handle and mag release. Probably a new trigger assembly as well.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The stock it's self does not come with any mags, but when you buy the mag kit it comes with one 5 round mag. I think the mags are pretty cheap i got an extra one for 35. Bought everything from eBay they had the best prices and one of the few that had the FDE color in stock.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please bring it when we shoot again. I'd like to see how it feels/fits.

I will gotta load up some of my special sub rds for us also... Next week good? We are at Big Lagoon with the camper now.

Got that used Dillon 650 and loads of reloading stuff its taking time to go through everything...

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I will gotta load up some of my special sub rds for us also... Next week good? We are at Big Lagoon with the camper now.

Got that used Dillon 650 and loads of reloading stuff its taking time to go through everything...

Next week (other than Wednesday morning) is fine. Was there a lead melter in that reloading stuff?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Finished converting more 32-20 brass to .310 Cadet this week and loaded it all up. Reloading for the .310 Cadet is gotta be a labor of love, as you have to cast a 120 grain heeled bullet (think of a heeled .22 rimfire bullet but in 32 caliber) with a mould I got from Australia, lube the outside of the bullet after reloading the ammo, and then let the lube dry a few hours before boxing the cartridges. 3 of us have .310 Cadets, and I do the reloading for the 3 rifles. I have a "running man" steel target, and we use our Cadets to practice "volley fire" from the Zulu war movies. "First rank mark your target, FIRE"

Anyone else here have a .310 Cadet?

bsacadetLHS.gif

Attachments

• bsacadetLHS.gif
      bsacadetLHS.gif
      19.6 KB · Views: 251

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got my VTac sling in today and all the hardware. Had to drill a bigger screw hole in the stock to secure the QD cup. I have never used a sling before but after watching a few videos and seeing how to use them to stable your shooting I became interested in them.
    Now just learning how to transition it around decently will take a bit of practice. Then I will trim the nylon after I make sure I got it sized right.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    90df7b576ad6670836658e73ad8513d9.jpg

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trivia Question:

I was going through boxes today in the shop and I found this lighter I used back in the day. What did I use it for?

Triva.jpeg

Attachments

• Triva.jpeg
      Triva.jpeg
      328.6 KB · Views: 241

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That be a carbide sight blackening tool. Found mine last week and my can of carbide, while moving junk to the farm. They work great if you can find carbide to make it work, or still see iron sights. :)
    Ed

Trivia Question:

I was going through boxes today in the shop and I found this lighter I used back in the day. What did I use it for?

View attachment 43450

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have converted all of mine to other cartridges, but I do have an original barrel, forearm and metal. My conversions are, 218, 222R, 225, and 357 Super Mag (2)
    Ed

Finished converting more 32-20 brass to .310 Cadet this week and loaded it all up. Reloading for the .310 Cadet is gotta be a labor of love, as you have to cast a 120 grain heeled bullet (think of a heeled .22 rimfire bullet but in 32 caliber) with a mould I got from Australia, lube the outside of the bullet after reloading the ammo, and then let the lube dry a few hours before boxing the cartridges. 3 of us have .310 Cadets, and I do the reloading for the 3 rifles. I have a "running man" steel target, and we use our Cadets to practice "volley fire" from the Zulu war movies. "First rank mark your target, FIRE"

Anyone else here have a .310 Cadet?

View attachment 43435

Top Bottom