• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up my mossberg 500 from Kennys gun room. On the invoice they labeled it a 590 and I thought I was getting a free upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadeogray

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just in there my self getting mounts for my glass etc... Dave was very helpful, but on a down note I did not see a bar anywhere inside the joint... :)

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Bought some 9mm NATO ammo for the match. It was HELL finding 124gr ammo, but I finally did and along the way found out that Academy and Walmart both had 22 in stock. I also heard that ammo prices may be going down next week at Walmart, maybe it means were returning to pre-sandy hook inventory and price levels.

Last edited:

Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 today as a project pistol.

What I already hate about it: The trigger (it's shape, safety and weight), and it's sights.

What surprised me: The grips on it wasn't aggressive and it was pretty subtle.

What I am going to:

I am replacing the trigger with the Zev Ultimate adjustable trigger kit. Which also replaces the firing pin. I am going to either replace the sights with a red fiber front and blacked out rear sight, or suppressor sights, since I love them on my core. The grip is going to be dremeled down and stippled, along with a trigger guard cut. Look forward to the pictures!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

What I already hate about it: The trigger (it's shape, safety and weight), and it's sights.

What I am going to:

I am replacing the trigger with the Zev Ultimate adjustable trigger kit. Which also replaces the firing pin. I am going to either replace the sights with a red fiber front and blacked out rear sight, or suppressor sights, since I love them on my core. The grip is going to be dremeled down and stippled, along with a trigger guard cut. Look forward to the pictures!
    Been down that exact road. At the end of the day, it'll still be a Glock, and if it's not your thing, it still won't be your thing. Fun process, but hard to sell once burned. Just a thought.

Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been down that exact road. At the end of the day, it'll still be a Glock, and if it's not your thing, it still won't be your thing. Fun process, but hard to sell once burned. Just a thought.

I had a Gen 3 Glock, and loved it, but it was the initial version of the Gen 3. I don't know what the previous owner did, but I enjoyed the trigger break on it. I think this would be a fun project even though its going to hurt my wallet, but I am sure I can match these frame results with my surgeon like hands.

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
      maxresdefault.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 148
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I got in a few more things for my XM16E1 and M16A1 clone builds I am working on. I received two original M16 charging handles, an original A1 rear sight assembly, and a C MP B barrel (for M16A1). I already have a C MP C barrel for the XM16E1.

Here are the charging handles and rear sight assembly

Here are the two upper assemblies (mock ups)

My lower XM16E1 will be here Wednesday. I have the M16A1 lower is on order. It may be some months before it is ready.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold a gun for my father, modified a new target pistol to simplify it's cocking for the father and that's it

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to figure out how to smooth out and polish the polymer. Any advice? Other than that, I don't think I did that bad of a job!

20150522_184401.jpg

Attachments

• 20150522_184401.jpg
      20150522_184401.jpg
      384.1 KB · Views: 195

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to figure out how to smooth out and polish the polymer. Any advice? Other than that, I don't think I did that bad of a job!

View attachment 32292
    Under cut looks good. As for smoothing, I use ultra high grit sandpaper (1250+ grit) to smooth off my stipple work and a great gun will semi soften and smooth minor texture issues as well.

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    installed the GG&G sling adaptor to my mossy shotgun as well as an archangel side saddle. Just in time for IDPA this weekend. Now sits proper on the sling

I also had to modify the forend to clear the saddle when cycled all the way back. Cut and shaped with a dremel, no problems.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What I am going to:

Please post some pics. I know Dante has talked me out of this already but it still is in the back of my mind. It will cost me more than it will you as arts and crafts isn't my thing and I have to send it out.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've done my fair share of playing with Glocks. great handguns but don't get carried away with mods. before you know it, you have yourself a $1k plus polymer pistol and a band-aid to a bad trigger discipline. spend the money on ammo and send rounds down range. I know of many master class shooters that puts a whoopin' with a factory Glock trigger. good luck with your project

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After being ruined with 1911s I'd like to have a higher capacity 9mm polymer gun. I thought about just doing a Glock 19 w/ a zev drop in trigger and calling it a day. I prefer an XDM over a glock any day of the week but there really isn't much aftermarket support besides PRP. I would look into a sig with a srt but after dealing with their customer service ill never own a sig again.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ryan have you looked at springer precision? I have a mix of PRP and Springer parts on my xdm

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ryan have you looked at springer precision? I have a mix of PRP and Springer parts on my xdm

I didn't know Springer precision made trigger parts. I know they make the fancy magwells and all that. They have exactly what I was looking for in comparison to the zev kit.

I found a XDM 4.5 9mm for $500 new so I might pick it up. It's always hard to beat the $440 OTD for the G19 with LE.

Top Bottom