• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I actually did some gun stuff the past few days. I was off work on Friday, so I loaded up a few hundred rounds of 9mm and sold a scope. Then, I went to the range early Saturday morning to shoot my Tanfo for the first time.

https://youtu.be/QxXtv7QU45E

I ordered 40 S&W dies, a bulge buster, thumb rest, magazine basepads, springs, followers, DAA Pro belt, Race Master holster and mag pouches.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had saw you posted a new video on my YouTube feed the other day, never shot. 10mm before. Good shooting as always.

I picked up a new scope and did a whole bunch of reading on it to figure out how to properly use it. I have never really used a scope so been learning a lot.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took the girlfriend to Bullets and Bones yesterday. She is still new to guns and gets a little frustrated that her groups were not as good as last time shooting. I just encourage her along. Big boost to her confidence was when she hit a 10" steel gong at 65 yards with her SR22 and then with a GP100.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife wanted to spend mother's day in the boat. We covered 30+ miles puttering around the rivers of the Mobile delta bird and gator watching from Gravine Island to I-10 and back. No guns or fishing rods involved.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lost two gun auctions over the weekend. Still got the itch for a RMR and plastic guns. Looking at just getting a blue label 43 or a shield for the hot hot hot summer ahead of us.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mounted my Pilot2 on my Sig 1911-22 using the Gemtech 22lr subsonic from Little Jacks and it ran flawlessly - moved it to my Ruger 10/22 same result. Got similar positive results on my Ruger 22/45 lite last weekend. The sound from the action cycling was louder than the round being fired.

Shot - did not zero the 300 BO I just built. Now to buy a suppressor for it. On multiple waiting lists for the Surefire SOCOM300 SPS when it becomes available.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    lost two gun auctions over the weekend. Still got the itch for a RMR and plastic guns. Looking at just getting a blue label 43 or a shield for the hot hot hot summer ahead of us.

I've got a Shield if you'd like to try it out. Might even let it go.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a Shield if you'd like to try it out. Might even let it go.

thatd be great. I shot Ian's Vtac and I remember really liking it.

If you keep doing the videos, I have some DSLR mics, lenses, DLSRs if you want to use them btw. Used to be big in all that when I lived in Key West.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    thatd be great. I shot Ian's Vtac and I remember really liking it.

If you keep doing the videos, I have some DSLR mics, lenses, DLSRs if you want to use them btw. Used to be big in all that when I lived in Key West.

I've got a DLSR with a few lenses and shotgun mic, but I didn't feel like breaking them out. I only decided to grab the gopro on my way out the door and was only at the range for about 20 minutes. I appreciate the offer, though.

Let me know when you'd like to shoot it and we'll get together.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only gun stuff I did was repeatedly checked this site to see if it was back up...I was goin thru withdraws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cleaned a few guns Saturday evening, made a couple videos Sunday and helped my old man research his options on his next pistol what shall today hold....

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Very nice! Why 14.7" as opposed to 16"?
    They're getting under 1/2 moa out of those fluted 14.7" barrels. More maneuverability with no loss in accuracy. Only loss is minimal velocity, but for the ranges I'll be shooting, it's a non issue. I love the handling of a pinned 14-ish barrel, and with the 14" hand guard, it'll have that same look as my 556, where all that sticks out of the rail is the muzzle device. It'll also have the same brake/mount as my 556, so they can use the same blast diverter and can, later, maybe. Also, if and when they get a can, the can will sit flush with a rail and be the same diameter, and only to less than the same length as an 18 with a muzzle device. And even if they never get a can, simply put, it just looks cool. And that's half the point. Lol.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're getting under 1/2 moa out of those fluted 14.7" barrels. More maneuverability with no loss in accuracy. Only loss is minimal velocity, but for the ranges I'll be shooting, it's a non issue. I love the handling of a pinned 14-ish barrel, and with the 14" hand guard, it'll have that same look as my 556, where all that sticks out of the rail is the muzzle device. It'll also have the same brake/mount as my 556, so they can use the same blast diverter and can, later, maybe. Also, if and when they get a can, the can will sit flush with a rail and be the same diameter, and only to less than the same length as an 18 with a muzzle device. And even if they never get a can, simply put, it just looks cool. And that's half the point. Lol.
    Am I the only 1 getting a light headed and swollen feeling simultaneously?

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Here you go skip. Same basic gun, but mine will have a stainless barrel and an aimpoint with a magnifier. Enjoy:
    3bf8f8e722626b5da32f2a8caf2221d3.jpg

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gotcha. All good reasons, I just never have cared for the idea of a pinned muzzle device.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Gotcha. All good reasons, I just never have cared for the idea of a pinned muzzle device.
    Gotcha. I usually don't either, but being that these are a competition brake to which I can mount a kx3 style diverted or a can, I can't imagine needing a muzzle device to do anything else.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice Dante, will have to compare it to my 14.5" POF P308 in terms of boom when you get it! I'm pretty sure that those short barreled 308's spit some real fire.

Top Bottom