• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If DirecTV drops AMC, I'm dropping DirecTV. End of story.

Are they threatening to do that again? This is like the 3rd time now.

They all threaten back and forth at least once a year. Screw all of them.

That's interesting. I've had Cox cable for 10+ years but have been lately thinking about switching to DirecTV. But with no Walking Dead that would be a non-starter.:frown:

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have UVerse. No problems with rainy day reception.

As for the show. This hospital storyline isn't all that good. The cops are too clean, too well kept. Also... The energy used to keep that place running isn't believable. I was glad to see that rapist cop eaten by a walker.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Tried Uverse, great interface but not enough tuners for all 8 receivers to watch and record 2 shows each, at the same time. When they upgrade to 24, I'll be switching. I HATE how DirecTV doesn't work if a raindrop lands on the dish.

The hospital is kinda silly, entertaining, but silly. I really wanted to like the doctor, and I was looking forward to Dawn. The actress was HOTTT in Californication. Though as silly as it all is, with its completely unrealistic power grid, food source and overall infrastructure, it's still better than The Mullet and The Morons.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's interesting. I've had Cox cable for 10+ years but have been lately thinking about switching to DirecTV. But with no Walking Dead that would be a non-starter.:frown:

There is always a settlement at the last possible second. Not so sure it's real or marketing.

Wish I could dump Brighthouse like a date gone bad but then I wouldn't have internet.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    There is always a settlement at the last possible second. Not so sure it's real or marketing.
    3 years ago, Mediacom blacked out for a while. The kids were irritated, but dealt with it, and it eventually came back, it was about a month IIRC. If AMC goes off, I'll switch the very day. Ain't gonna miss my show.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would do anything for a really high speed, really reliable ISP only for, hell, I would go $100 if they threw in some quality streaming. Ditch cable TV. I've got all 5 TVS "smart" now and a pad or laptop to run all of them. If I'm gonna throw out $200 a month much longer there will have to be a butt load more stuff worth watching.

Edit: No, I don't want to miss TWD.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If youre paying $200 a month, go directly to your provider and tell them you want to go to retention. I have to do this with AT&T every year. Because my "promotion" runs out and then they want stupid prices.

However....you guys do know it is really EZ to get TV so you dont have to miss .IT when direct tv wants to pull this bullshit.

dirtyharry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did anyone go to the airshow? Mediacom had a Walking Dead booth with 2 "walkers" in makeup walking around.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah, I figured as much, just didn't figure it would dismantle this quickly. I'm just glad the DC crap is out the door.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glad it wasn't another all Beth/hospital show. Maybe this season the episodes will jump around between the two groups and the hospital.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With 16 episodes this season they'll eventually tie it all together. I think "jumping around" is better than focusing 3 or 4 consecutive shows on Beth/hospital like they did last year with the Governor's background story, when Rick and the others weren't in the episodes at all.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    With 16 episodes this season they'll eventually tie it all together. I think "jumping around" is better than focusing 3 or 4 consecutive shows on Beth/hospital like they did last year with the Governor's background story, when Rick and the others weren't in the episodes at all.
    Good point, I just wanna know who's in the bushes!!!
    There are only 3 episodes till February though. Ugh!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It's not really the writers' burden, the material and story line is prewritten in the comics. Production is the limiting factor.

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What a beating Mr. Mullet took. I'm amazed at Red's unwillingness to stay put. Seems as if they could have recharged a bit before they headed out.

Top Bottom