• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've heard the same about the gunsmith at Alabama Holster, he was about 3-4 weeks turn around time last time I was there buta its been a while since then.

He actually retired about 6 weeks ago. They've been my go to people for everything and have been extremely nice..plus they're 1 minute from my place so they've always been my go to. They won't be doing anymore gunsmith work.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a sear jig and stones of you want to try it yourself. Otherwise, the guy at Alabama Holster told me the gunsmith there (Alvin?) specializes in 1911's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I might take you up on your offer..let me look up some videos on how extensive it is..I've never been good at arts and crafts so might be best to let a pro take care of it.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nobody they said it wasn't very profitable so they cancelled the insurance on it. Alvin was really nice when I smashed in the gas glock taper pin the wrong way on my AR15...

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just found a gunsmith in Foley. Greener Field Firearms &Gunsmithing. He has my Tarus now. His phone no is 251-979-0773. They don't have alot of guns but the guy is friendly and they claim to do most everything.

Have to get the gun back to see how good he is and his prices. Just looked at his card and his name is Mark Parden.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My neighbor told me about this place sometime back but I have never had an opportunity to go by there.

I just found a gunsmith in Foley. Greener Field Firearms &Gunsmithing. He has my Tarus now. His phone no is 251-979-0773. They don't have alot of guns but the guy is friendly and they claim to do most everything.

Have to get the gun back to see how good he is and his prices. Just looked at his card and his name is Mark Parden.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know anything about there kits but there trigger job is going strong on my 1911 about 22 years later. Keep in mind you may still have to have someone tune that 3 prong spring for the disconector and sear.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm here at greener field right now. He measured it at 4.5 and 4.7 with lots of grit and creep said he can clean it up and take it to 3.5. He said prices start at 60 and it shouldn't be much more if they have to do a lot of work with it. 2 week wait.

Last edited:

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More sad about the 2 week turnaround than the price. I'll be lugging my full size around until my Shield shows up.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw something new today out and about. I saw a CAN of Remington Thunderbolt .22lr, if I remember 335 count, about the size of a campbells soup can, but cardboard, looked to be from 90's era maybe 2000?? I have never seen any packaged like that.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the doggie place. Man the things running through my mind woulda flipped her wig!

Update on my rant:

Back at Auburn today. Guess who's here? Good Ole Ms. Obnoxious!!!!! And she's been upgrading her battle phone. It now plays classical music at extremely high volume when it rings. Well, I say "high volume" but that's a relative term. Compared to that high pitched, screeching mating call she uses for a voice it's a mere whisper. I now know her schedule for the week, what's for dinner, enough about her son's hemorrhoids to perform the surgery myself and even all the details to her aunt Matilda's big bingo score Sunday night.

Plotting my counter attack. Dammit! Where's Hugh when I need backup!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom