• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A farmer stopped by the local mechanic’s shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn’t do it while he waited, so he said he didn’t live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the Hardware Store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the Feed Store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem – how to carry his entire purchases home.

While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, ‘Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane ?’

The farmer said, ‘Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can’t carry this lot.’

The old lady suggested, ‘Why don’t you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?’

‘Why thank you very much,’ he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home. On the way he says ‘Let’s take my short cut and go down this alley. We’ll be there in no time.’

The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, ‘I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me.. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won’t hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, rip my panties off and have your way with me?’

The farmer said, ‘Holy smokes lady! I’m carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?’

The old lady replied, ‘Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I’ll hold the chickens..

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well starting to put stuff in boxes for the move. Can't believe it has been 5 years here already. I'll never forget how terrified I was when they told me I was coming here lol. My first bama experience was when we first drove in we came through Prichard and stopped at a gas station and I was like holy sheeet and my girlfriend cried and said she was going back to cali lol.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting morning.

I usually go to breakfast on Saturdays but decided to stay home today. I got up early and went out to the shop to work on kitchen cabinet stuff. Wife decided to cook breakfast for me, I guess as a surprise. Grits, biscuits, gravy, 2 eggs and sausage. She never makes my plate for me, I actually don't like that, I prefer to dish out what I want in whatever portions. However, today she did my plate up in grand style, everything laid out in a presentable fashion like a photo on a Waffle House menu. She didn't tell me that, she just walked out to the shop to say that my breakfast was ready. I stopped what I was doing, put some tools up and walked to the house. Went in and there's a nice clean plate sitting on the counter with pots and pans of food sitting around. So, I'm buttering biscuits, laying on the gravy, spooning grits and such when she comes downstairs dressed to go pick up grandkids. She walks by and says "Boy, you must be hungry, you never make a second plate". Huh? I told her nope, this is the first one, just getting ready to sit down and eat. She gets a strange look on her face and tells me that she already did a plate up for me and had left it right there on the counter. Nope, came in and the plate was sparkling clean, utensils next to it, bare. Took us a second to figure it out. Looked down at my dog laying on the tile. He looked back at me.......and burped.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well starting to put stuff in boxes for the move. Can't believe it has been 5 years here already. I'll never forget how terrified I was when they told me I was coming here lol. My first bama experience was when we first drove in we came through Prichard and stopped at a gas station and I was like holy sheeet and my girlfriend cried and said she was going back to cali lol.
    Hahaha that's awesome. The first time I picked up my in laws from NO when they first came to visit, I drove them through there and went through a really run down area and acted like I was slowing down to pull into a house and just watched their eyes widen wondering what the hell I was doing. It was a good laugh

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not to many people at the weekly meeting of the GCGF board of directors today. Got charged $3.09 for a b'fast sausage. Had to work that out without feeling like a cheap prick. The oriental lady mgr was there. Had to get the wife to explain to me what she was saying.

Vintage car guys were there. '57 Chevy with a "power packed" 283 .. original motor. A couple of "rat rods" also. Out back (hidden) was a "Stang".... GT500 Super Snake. ---SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not to many people at the weekly meeting of the GCGF board of directors today. Got charged $3.09 for a b'fast sausage. Had to work that out without feeling like a cheap prick. The oriental lady mgr was there. Had to get the wife to explain to me what she was saying.

Vintage car guys were there. '57 Chevy with a "power packed" 283 .. original motor. A couple of "rat rods" also. Out back (hidden) was a "Stang".... GT500 Super Snake. ---SAWMAN

I'm beginning to wonder about Denny's Saw. Don't think you were there yet two weeks ago when that red headed waitress started lecturing me about no more substitutions. I usually ask for something other than bacon, ham or sausage and I know damned well my requests are for cheaper dishes than what is offered. I didn't even care if I was charged extra for grits over sausage and told her, I just want what I want. She wouldn't shut up. Dad was about to get cranked up and let the whole restaurant hear. She kept repeating herself. I actually told her "Look, I understood the first time, just bring me what the hell you want, OK? I came here to eat, not get a lecture on Denny's corporate policy. Just please gawd, go away". She always gets a big tip and did that way but crap, what a effing attitude.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I'm beginning to wonder about Denny's Saw. Don't think you were there yet two weeks ago when that red headed waitress started lecturing me about no more substitutions. I usually ask for something other than bacon, ham or sausage and I know damned well my requests are for cheaper dishes than what is offered. I didn't even care if I was charged extra for grits over sausage and told her, I just want what I want. She wouldn't shut up. Dad was about to get cranked up and let the whole restaurant hear. She kept repeating herself. I actually told her "Look, I understood the first time, just bring me what the hell you want, OK? I came here to eat, not get a lecture on Denny's corporate policy. Just please gawd, go away". She always gets a big tip and did that way but crap, what a effing attitude.

You tip for attitude? I leave, or drive away, in response to attitude from servers! I actually left a waitress there at Denny's a penny tip for her attitude one day.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sean, have you noticed that my wife and I always stay 'ti after you and your dad have left. We plan it like that so we can grab up that ten spot before the waitress comes by.

Yeah,I bet she is startin' to get a little pissed,especially the times that we have replaced it by a bright and shiny ...... quarter. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just couldn't figure out what got into her that day. Shes usually a good waitress. I know people have good days and bad but damn. I about always order the same thing but substitute their crappy sausage for grits. I've done that at least a dozen times, probably double that. That day she jumped right onto the new ordering rules. NO SUBSTITUTIONS! I said OK but she went on to really make damned sure I didn't miss every detail. I again said "Great! Just do whatever". She still stood there lecturing. "Got it! Just bring me whatever you want". She had to keep getting the last word in. I would have gotten up and left but dad would have had to go out with a real bang and I just wanted food and to get to Home Depot. Looks like we'll be back on the Cracker Barrel tour.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If yall like Tomato gravy and bisquits go to the circle k at pine Forest and Nine mile,I drive from Milton 1 or 2 times a week. Its the next best thing to home made and they have link sausage hot or mild.Wife and I stopped in about 5 months ago and now cant stop going. Heck it might be better than home made.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just couldn't figure out what got into her that day. Shes usually a good waitress. I know people have good days and bad but damn. I about always order the same thing but substitute their crappy sausage for grits. I've done that at least a dozen times, probably double that. That day she jumped right onto the new ordering rules. NO SUBSTITUTIONS! I said OK but she went on to really make damned sure I didn't miss every detail. I again said "Great! Just do whatever". She still stood there lecturing. "Got it! Just bring me whatever you want". She had to keep getting the last word in. I would have gotten up and left but dad would have had to go out with a real bang and I just wanted food and to get to Home Depot. Looks like we'll be back on the Cracker Barrel tour.
    No Denny's around here. The few times I've had it I wasn't that impressed. If I happen to live long enough to retire I do believe it will be CB Sunrise Sampler on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There just isn't many places to go for breakfast around here. It's either Denny's, Waffle House or Cracker Barrel unless you just want fast food. I was really getting into Ryan's breakfast buffet but they suddenly closed the doors, I think all of them. Used to be a regular at Oscars for their buffet breakfast but once I moved to Beulahland I don't go that way. Loved E&J but they're closed too.

I just don't see much difference between the big three in food quality and breakfast is kind of hard to screw up. What I do NOT like is anything at Cracker Barrel that is advertised as "smoked" and a lot of their stuff is. If I eat any of that crap I retaste it all day long. They use that Liquid Smoke crap and it tastes like cough syrup,

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If yall like Tomato gravy and bisquits go to the circle k at pine Forest and Nine mile,I drive from Milton 1 or 2 times a week. Its the next best thing to home made and they have link sausage hot or mild.Wife and I stopped in about 5 months ago and now cant stop going. Heck it might be better than home made.

Yeah, they have good food. Great biscuits too.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There just isn't many places to go for breakfast around here. It's either Denny's, Waffle House or Cracker Barrel unless you just want fast food. I was really getting into Ryan's breakfast buffet but they suddenly closed the doors, I think all of them. Used to be a regular at Oscars for their buffet breakfast but once I moved to Beulahland I don't go that way. Loved E&J but they're closed too.

I just don't see much difference between the big three in food quality and breakfast is kind of hard to screw up. What I do NOT like is anything at Cracker Barrel that is advertised as "smoked" and a lot of their stuff is. If I eat any of that crap I retaste it all day long. They use that Liquid Smoke crap and it tastes like cough syrup,
    I'll second the nogo on the smoked plates. If you ever happen to make it over this way before noon, try Julwyn's in Fairhope. Go hungry, but great homemade breakfast for around $10. I've yet to have better. Every time my parents come South, that is the Sunday morning ritual. In fact I think it's the main reason my dad makes the trip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sean, ever try Village Inn on Nine Mile? That is the only place in town I eat pancakes in, those buttermilk pancakes are GREAT! Service is good and the breakfast food is always tasty. Never tried the pie, but the wife likes it pretty good.

I will not eat at the one on 9th, but the Nine Mile location is so much better it is worth a shot!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Breakfast is my favorite meal. When I spent Summers at my grandparents in NE Tennessee my grandpa would take me a couple of times a week over to Boone, NC to the Daniel Boone Inn. That place was the closest to Hopkins Boarding House of any restaurant I've ever experienced. Same deal but they specialized in breakfast.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This box we have is pretty powerful, there are several rating sites for restaurants on line, go on them and rate their sevice and food. Just be accurate and only list your actual experience. Let others know about the good places and the bad places.
    Ed

Top Bottom