• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a bag of miniature Reese's cups on my desk and I've been at work since 4:15am. That bag probably won't last through the day.
    You beat me to work this morning. Sucks waking up that early, but the drive across the bay sure is easier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm done with expensive sunglasses! If I had the money I've wasted over the last 15 years on them I could easily buy a top-quality rifle and optic or multiple handguns that won't break if I accidentally sit on it or it takes a 5 foot fall to the ground. Stupid stupid stupid!!! Evidently you can't spend enough to get a pair that will stand-up to the abuse I put them through.

Had a friend tell me about Pugs you can get at Tom Thumb with a lifetime warranty. Just take the receipt and broken glasses to any Tom Thumb and get a free replacement no questions asked. I picked out a nice pair of polarized one's today for $14.99 that work great!

me too...I need prescription sunglasses, but when I was younger, aviators pilots glasses sold at the px was the preferred top choice....

no way you catch me with a $250 pair of costas...ain't happening....

$10 blue blocker fleamarkets specials....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought one $100 pair of sunglasses 30 years ago. They lasted me less than 24 hours. I wear sunglasses constantly if the sun is out ever since my doctor said my blue eyes sunburn really easy and if I didn't want to go blind before I was 60 I had to do so. I tried all of the cheap ones then one day I was given a pair of Smith & Wesson brand dark tinted safety glasses. They fit me perfectly, tough as hell, really dark and they truly are fog free and scratch resistant. Love them. They cost $7.00 a pair on line at Texas Safety Supply. I have destroyed a few from driving over them with equipment, chemical splashes and hard impacts but if I avoid those they last a long time before they're too beat up to use. I order 3 or 4 pair at a time, sometimes with a clear and amber lens model thrown in.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And by the way the wrench size is 1/4.. I'm not sure what an ND is, and thanks for scaring the shit out of me when I was in a panic already. It was almost worth the price of the electrician service call for you to leave.:boink::boink:

Ok, I'll buy you a new 1/4" wrench.

ND= Negligent Discharge of a firearm, you know, "goes bang when it shouldn't"? As in " it ain't loade.........BANG!

You're welcome for the entertainment.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.

He called her into his office and said, "Y'all graduated from the University of Georgia and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everthang but my earrings."

Texas
    The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch. The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch?
    Don't you see that sign right over your head?"
    "Yep," he replied. "That's why I'm dumpin' it here, 'cause it says:
    'Fine For Dumping Garbage.' "
    Y'all kin say whut y'all want
    'bout the South,
    but y'all never heard o' nobody

retirin' an' movin' North

Mom and Dad were trying to console Susie, whose dog Skipper had recently died.

"You know," Mom said, "it's not so bad. Skipper's probably up in Heaven right now, having a grand old time with God."

Susie stopped crying and asked, "What would God want with a dead dog?"

Jim's doctor tells him he has only one day to live. When Jim goes home to share the bad news with his wife, she asks what he wants to do with the little bit of time he has left.

"All I want," Jim tells his beloved wife, "is to spend my last few hours reliving our honeymoon." Which is exactly what they did.

But after hours of blissful romance, she announces that she's tired and wants to go to sleep.

"Oh, come on," Jim whispers in her ear, "one more time."

"Look," his wife snaps, "I've got to get up in the morning. You don't!"

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called ...his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand.

He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?'

She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realise you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher.
    Yes, I know you.

'The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defence attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counsellors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said, 'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is a first in the thread Silver Prices there is 10 pages shown but clicking on either Last Page or 10 brings up page 9. Just an odd occurrence or signs of trouble with my computer ?

[h=1][/h]

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had hurt my back the other day when I was rotating my tires in my garage, there was a stubborn nut on one of the rear tires and I was using a tire iron. I was straining like a SOB to get it to crack and eventually lifted the car up enough that the tire spun (didn't pull the handbrake yet) and made me jerk forward really awkward, got the job done and didn't realize how bad I had hurt myself until i relaxed that night and went to get up and couldn't. Was really worried I had done some major damage, took it easy the last couple days and now feels alright. Still sore but I don't have to watch how I move or anything. A couple more nights if icy hot and I'll be good as new. Definitely a reminder to be careful. I know a few people with major back issues and they struggle through life. I would hate that to happen to myself

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know first hand that once the back goes life changes forever, damn sure wish I could redo one morning when I should of stayed in bed. I've beat what the doc told me years ago but I know that it won't be that long (years if I'm very lucky) before I have to have a ramp to get in the house. But I'm blessed to still be getting around even if I can't throw the wife over my shoulder and run jump off the bluff into the river like I did 20+ years ago. Had someone ask me why I had a jeep with my back and I told him my upper body strength is still pretty good and I know what slow is now, might not like it but slow beats not going..

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good morning ladies and gentlemen, TGIF! I'm looking forward to spending the first weekend home in a month. Just spent the last 3 long weekends in the woods hunting and it sure is going to be nice not to hear an alarm go off tomorrow morning!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had hurt my back the other day when I was rotating my tires in my garage, there was a stubborn nut on one of the rear tires and I was using a tire iron. I was straining like a SOB to get it to crack and eventually lifted the car up enough that the tire spun (didn't pull the handbrake yet) and made me jerk forward really awkward, got the job done and didn't realize how bad I had hurt myself until i relaxed that night and went to get up and couldn't. Was really worried I had done some major damage, took it easy the last couple days and now feels alright. Still sore but I don't have to watch how I move or anything. A couple more nights if icy hot and I'll be good as new. Definitely a reminder to be careful. I know a few people with major back issues and they struggle through life. I would hate that to happen to myself

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ouch! Get a four point tire iron, you can stand on it to break stubborn nuts and save your back and arms. I don't like the folding irons.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hey is there any place in Daphne/ Pcola/Mobile that sells mead beer? I tried it a couple years ago at a beer thing at the wharf and the site I order from isn't carrying it anymore.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    hey is there any place in Daphne/ Pcola/Mobile that sells mead beer? I tried it a couple years ago at a beer thing at the wharf and the site I order from isn't carrying it anymore.
    Try Southern Napa or Rouse's?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try Southern Napa or Rouse's?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen any at southern Napa. But that doesn't mean anything. Good thing about them is you can give em a call and ask for Jim. Hell tell ya whatever you wanna know. They can get kegs now too! I just need to buy a kegerator.

If you're ever in Mobile, Cottage Hill Package Store has a great selection from what I hear.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom