• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So the chip on my card wouldn't work yesterday at the landfill for the $12 fee.
    Now I've gotta go all the way back to Beulah or face a $500 fine and 60 days in jail. Good grief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I here you on the wind. Yesterday I bought the lumber and was all ready to repair a deck staircase at my old place on Perdido Bay I've got to get on the market. I lasted all of about 30 minutes before throwing in towel. Had a big panel of screen on the back porch to replace and that definitely wasn't going to work in a constant Gail force wind. The coots looked they were having fun hauling ass down wind though.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Days like yesterday remind me how nice it is not to have to drive my Jeep in wind like that anymore. That thing was like a huge sail. I could barely keep it in one lane on days like yesterday.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I like to get on the back roads and crawl in first gear in my jeep but I don't think I could drive it daily and especially not on windy days like yesterday
    The jeep is a toy for getting deep into the woods, I just wish Blackwater had more roads open but I know that a-holes tearing them up is why so many have been closed

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Indeed. Still a pain in the ass when I live on the opposite side of the county. Because they won't take a check in the mail or a card over the phone, and wouldn't manually enter. Ugh. Govt.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know a lot folks say cash only but I've quite carrying it because it's just a PITA compared to a nice thin little card that is faster and not contaminated with other people's germs. Tuck away an emergency 100 bucks in your car somewhere and you'll be covered for technical difficulties and my save yourself a ride across town.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Back to full power now, electricity is fully restored, no strange smells no hot breaker. . Just waiting for the bill InThe mail now..

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Back to full power now, electricity is fully restored, no strange smells no hot breaker. . Just waiting for the bill InThe mail now..
    Bad breaker? Electricity is scary stuff.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Main breaker went bad over the weekend. Scared the crap out of me because of some smoke and smell. I thought the ship was going down. It's corrected now. Just something that I took for granted.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Main breaker went bad over the weekend. Scared the crap out of me because of some smoke and smell. I thought the ship was going down. It's corrected now. Just something that I took for granted.
    Yep, thankfully it was an easy fix for you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can go through a bag of those real quick too. I never have a candy craving but if there are Reese's or starbursts out for the taking then I will eat them continuously until they are gone.

Reese's in the freezer is the way to eat them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No, I think what really scared the shit out of you was when I shorted the Allen wrench against the breaker box.

Reason why that really pissed me off is I just quit paying attention for 1 tiny second, like having an ND.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Back from the final days of Bama deer hunting and they sucked. Besides the wind sucking the deer weren't moving at all. I think I finally figured out the rut in Northern Conecuh County after being in the woods the past 3 weekends and a review a rut article by Charles Alsheimer. The rutting moon in the South, well at least in Conecuh County Alabama, falls in January and the few days before and after that rutting moon is when you better be in the woods. This year our rutting moon would have been the full moon on January 23, I shot a 5 point Buck who showed in a green field at 8:15 am that day and saw a Buck chase a Doe the next day and saw another mature Buck, a big 8 point or better, check a green field the next day without offering me up a shot. I just spent 6 days in the woods this past week and saw one deer pass by in a narrow corridor in the woods and that was the only deer I saw. I believe with the rutting moon being January 23 they are now in the Breeding phase which ceases most deer activity as the Bucks are bedded down with the Does they have found to accept them. Also, they say Bucks stop attending to scrapes during the Breeding phase and not one of the known scrapes at our Lease had been attended to in the last 5 or 6 days since the last rain. Next year I will plan my long hunting trip around the rutting moon that should be January 12th, not February when the rut will be long over!

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm done with expensive sunglasses! If I had the money I've wasted over the last 15 years on them I could easily buy a top-quality rifle and optic or multiple handguns that won't break if I accidentally sit on it or it takes a 5 foot fall to the ground. Stupid stupid stupid!!! Evidently you can't spend enough to get a pair that will stand-up to the abuse I put them through.

Had a friend tell me about Pugs you can get at Tom Thumb with a lifetime warranty. Just take the receipt and broken glasses to any Tom Thumb and get a free replacement no questions asked. I picked out a nice pair of polarized one's today for $14.99 that work great!

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, I think what really scared the shit out of you was when I shorted the Allen wrench against the breaker box.

Reason why that really pissed me off is I just quit paying attention for 1 tiny second, like having an ND.

And by the way the wrench size is 1/4.. I'm not sure what an ND is, and thanks for scaring the shit out of me when I was in a panic already. It was almost worth the price of the electrician service call for you to leave.:boink::boink:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom