• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "We are discontinuing remote support and we need you to move back to Atlanta". I looked him straight in the eye and told him that there was no way in hell I was moving back to Atlanta. The look on his face was priceless. His response was "Well, I didn't expect that!" Then he says that I have 90 days to find a new position. I smiled and thanked him and headed to the airport. One hour and two phone calls later I had an offer from a company in Mobile which I accepted this morning. I really wish I had a camera to see what his expression will be when I turn in my notice this quickly.

Good. It's not often one gets the opportunity to tell them to stuff it with a smile on your face. My last employer told me basically the same thing in late 2012 but without the "move back to the office" option. I just turned in my retirement papers and was gone in two weeks.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone remember what length a Cubit is? Looks like I might need an Ark. It is raining like a double barreled cow on a flat rock.
    Ed

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Arthritis is kicking my butt this evening, I knew it would come on with the rain but just didn't expect it to set in quite this bad. Got the grandsons in bed and the quieter the house got the louder my arthritis is getting. Headed to the couch to turn on the idiot box for the distraction and noise to see if I can get some shuteye as I'm the one who takes them to school in the mornings.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Frank we probably got more rain than you think. When I got home yesterday my rain gauge was overflowing, it holds 6 inches. I have no idea how long it was overflowing before I got home about 6 pm.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the sun even shines on a dog's ass sometimes. Went to Dunkin today for my daily coffee and got a free cup of coffee for National Coffee Day (free medium at any Dunkin Donuts). Had to go get the horses some food and when I brought the bag to the counter the clerk to me I was on my tenth bag and it was free! Another $80 saved woo-hoo ( spoiled ass dogs eat better than I do). I'm on my way home now just waiting for my tranny to go out..

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    well the sun even shines on a dog's ass sometimes. Went to dunkin today for my daily coffee and got a free cup of coffee for national coffee day (free medium at any dunkin donuts). Had to go get the horses some food and when i brought the bag to the counter the clerk to me i was on my tenth bag and it was free! Another $80 saved woo-hoo ( spoiled ass dogs eat better than i do). I'm on my way home now just waiting for my tranny to go out..

not going touch this one with a 10' pole..

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well the sun even shines on a dog's ass sometimes. Went to Dunkin today for my daily coffee and got a free cup of coffee for National Coffee Day (free medium at any Dunkin Donuts). Had to go get the horses some food and when I brought the bag to the counter the clerk to me I was on my tenth bag and it was free! Another $80 saved woo-hoo ( spoiled ass dogs eat better than I do). I'm on my way home now just waiting for my tranny to go out..

you are feeding worthless horses and gave up your hunting lease?? Tragic...priorities Man priorities!

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jury is still out ont the true size of a cubit. Are you taking recommendation on "animals" not to bring?

The cubit is an old unit of measurement based on the length of the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the bottom of your elbow. Depending on the person the length varies from about 15" to about 21"

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Luckily it stopped with the liquid sunshine.... So the Ark construction is now on hold.
    Ed

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent a good part of my morning at the office going through all my receipts from the use of my company credit card and taking pictures of each and emailing each to my boss.
    I hadn't done it in quite a while and had a little over 80 hoarded away. I think I wont let them get that piled up again. Shit took forever.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well damn, the Ruskies smuggle into Syria fighter jets under transport planes for the radar blockage and then tell us to stand down our operations there against ISIS so they can prop up Assad? Theirs and our assets in that tight airspace could actually start a shooting war. My disgust for our current Administration has just reached a new low, something I didn't think possible.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With Hillary's big deal media event of the Russia Reset Button, bamalama's hot mic slip and his debate comment to Romney that Russia isn't a threat and the Cold War is long over: We know who putin's punk ass bitchs are. This is another area where the Gov does not represent the position of "We The People".

Top Bottom