• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I retired from active duty and found contractor that allows Flex. Yes. I'm happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    9-5 m-f, all the tan I can soak up and I even get to talk to people. Now, if incould just get them to pay me...

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What happened to the "Who We Going to Pick On Today" thread?

It was me, I should have never commented. The things I said were offense to others and it looks like they deleted it. I must apologize for my comments. I hope I did not earn the ignore button from anyone for my misconduct. I hope we can still all get along...........

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It was me, I should have never commented. The things I said were offense to others and it looks like they deleted it. I must apologize for my comments. I hope I did not earn the ignore button from anyone for my misconduct. I hope we can still all get along...........

I am here to offend others if you cannot wear your big boy pants and are that easily offended..you said nothing wrong...seems we are the new PFF, anything said they did not like you were gone and the thread closed..pretty sad if you ask me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yep most forums are becoming liberal bastions, God forbid you hurt the feelings of the local liberals, meanwhile they can attack our Christianity and way of life!

Attachments

• knightstemplarbd.jpg
      knightstemplarbd.jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 114

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll try to explain it from hopefully an angle you guys can understand.

This is not restraint, this is not siding with left or right politically or swaying the forum to whatever agenda the powers that be think it should.

This is about the tone, appearance and reputation of GCGF. The forum's original intent and reason for being is guns, the shooting hobby and camaraderie of like minded people.

My dad is a very wise man and one of his best tips in life is "stay away from politics and religion in polite company, better yet, keep it out of public places".

Those two subjects never end well when discussed. Ever. And I'm worse than anyone, I can guarantee you I've fought more on line over those two issues than 99% of the people on this forum, maybe 100%. But, though I have slipped a few times myself here, I do not shit in my own back yard. Ian doesn't want us shitting in his. And he is right.

These free for all's end up with personal attacks, childish bickering , hurt feelings, threats, and generally make this forum look like an electronic sewer. This is going to stop or Ian will pull the plug and next time it ain't coming back. Period.

Especially in this day and age we need every ally we can get in the fight against gun control and confiscation. There are people every day thinking about getting their first firearm, they do a search, they find on line resources such as these forums and they get their first taste of the "gun culture". Will we get another member for our team (team being gun owners or just pro 2A types) with friendly people, informed people, people with a common goal and solidarity or will they see a bunch of whiney, out of control crybabies arguing over stupid nuances?

One reason this stuff gets out of control is name calling and labeling. Liberal, conservative, right wing, left wing. Wake up folks, I know hard core right wing conservatives that don't like guns, I also know liberals that will defend the second amendment with their life. These labels are bullshit, there are thousands of shades of gray, very little black and white.

If I could afford it I would start another forum for locals just to argue politics and religion. You could come here for guns and then go there and duke it out. I would love nothing better than to discuss this stuff with a lot of you guys but it just can't and it will not mix on this forum.

No one is infringing on your free speech rights, you ain't got none on here. This is a privately owned entity, Ian calls the shots. He (and we mods) are not and do not intend to stifle your thoughts, we are not agreeing or disagreeing with any particular members. I'll openly state that I'm way right of center politically and consider myself a Christian (though a very poor one as I've displayed often) but I am tasked with, and I will, hammer anyone I completely agree with if they break rules.

Get over it. Joking is fine, tell dirty jokes, post wild pictures and show us your best bikini shots in the appropriate areas. Talk about what you want on this thread or others but keep it light, keep it non offensive, keep it within guideline but stay out of politics and religion and stay away from personal insults. If you break any of those rules one of us mods will take action and let Ian sort it out later. I would rather him pissed off at me than pull this forum.

After this I will not tolerate any member labeling another member with a political label if used to provoke emotion, same for religion and I damned sure won't let innuendo or insinuations made towards the owner of this site slide by.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll try to explain it from hopefully an angle you guys can understand.

This is not restraint, this is not siding with left or right politically or swaying the forum to whatever agenda the powers that be think it should.

This is about the tone, appearance and reputation of GCGF. The forum's original intent and reason for being is guns, the shooting hobby and camaraderie of like minded people.

My dad is a very wise man and one of his best tips in life is "stay away from politics and religion in polite company, better yet, keep it out of public places".

Those two subjects never end well when discussed. Ever. And I'm worse than anyone, I can guarantee you I've fought more on line over those two issues than 99% of the people on this forum, maybe 100%. But, though I have slipped a few times myself here, I do not shit in my own back yard. Ian doesn't want us shitting in his. And he is right.

These free for all's end up with personal attacks, childish bickering , hurt feelings, threats, and generally make this forum look like an electronic sewer. This is going to stop or Ian will pull the plug and next time it ain't coming back. Period.

Especially in this day and age we need every ally we can get in the fight against gun control and confiscation. There are people every day thinking about getting their first firearm, they do a search, they find on line resources such as these forums and they get their first taste of the "gun culture". Will we get another member for our team (team being gun owners or just pro 2A types) with friendly people, informed people, people with a common goal and solidarity or will they see a bunch of whiney, out of control crybabies arguing over stupid nuances?

One reason this stuff gets out of control is name calling and labeling. Liberal, conservative, right wing, left wing. Wake up folks, I know hard core right wing conservatives that don't like guns, I also know liberals that will defend the second amendment with their life. These labels are bullshit, there are thousands of shades of gray, very little black and white.

If I could afford it I would start another forum for locals just to argue politics and religion. You could come here for guns and then go there and duke it out. I would love nothing better than to discuss this stuff with a lot of you guys but it just can't and it will not mix on this forum.

No one is infringing on your free speech rights, you ain't got none on here. This is a privately owned entity, Ian calls the shots. He (and we mods) are not and do not intend to stifle your thoughts, we are not agreeing or disagreeing with any particular members. I'll openly state that I'm way right of center politically and consider myself a Christian (though a very poor one as I've displayed often) but I am tasked with, and I will, hammer anyone I completely agree with if they break rules.

Get over it. Joking is fine, tell dirty jokes, post wild pictures and show us your best bikini shots in the appropriate areas. Talk about what you want on this thread or others but keep it light, keep it non offensive, keep it within guideline but stay out of politics and religion and stay away from personal insults. If you break any of those rules one of us mods will take action and let Ian sort it out later. I would rather him pissed off at me than pull this forum.

After this I will not tolerate any member labeling another member with a political label if used to provoke emotion, same for religion and I damned sure won't let innuendo or insinuations made towards the owner of this site slide by.

Could not have said it any better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    one small forum i belong to, 98% conservative, with differing views, just basically got shut down by one westcoast progressive enlightened liberal ....the right got sick of him, dumped on him good, mod took his side... banned the member with the most posts in the forum.....now maybe 5posts a day.....

another one, one post a week...shut down by the intolerant left....

jmho
    also, that is a good post

Top Bottom