• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Without changing the legal definition I don't see how they could come to a different conclusion. The NRA can pound sand with that amateur play they just made.

I don't like what they did. Hopefully they will at least use it as a trade-off for concealed carry reciprocity.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's insanity! It reminds me of the approach to the 1986 deadline for full auto when people were buying up Fleming Sears for HKs...

There was a lady at one of the big gun shows walking around with a necklace of them - saying they were worth more to her than diamonds...

$1500 for a piece of plastic - go figure.

Cabelas / Bass Pro has already removed all of them from inventory and website - as they don't want to be associated with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't like what they did. Hopefully they will at least use it as a trade-off for concealed carry reciprocity.
    Do you really want a liberal federal government controlling your concealed carry? I don't, what we have now isn't perfect, but at least Feinstein has no say in it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just-a-man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone got one they are selling?

Just a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By legal definition, I doubt the ATF can change their previous allowance of bump-fire stocks. As previously stated, it's still one pull = one round fired. But the NRA's request of the ATF to revisit the ruling isn't a horrible idea. If the ATF does review it and, somehow, comes to a ruling that disallows bump-fire stocks, then the anti-gun folks have been thrown a bone and the politicians have not had to take any legislative action. If the politicians get involved, we are at risk of losing much more.

I've said for many years, we are safest when congress is deadlocked. It's rare that they actually pass anything that really benefits me and mine.

Really though, I think the ATF's review will result in a statement that the device is within the bounds of the law, which will push congress to seek a law to ban them. The question then is, what else are they going to go after? I can't see them just going after one item. Are they going to go for the "hi-cap" mags? What about the M855 ball ammo? Are we going to start having more conversations about forward grips and adjustable stocks?

It'd be best if the politicians don't have to do anything except give sound bites.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw that Gun broker is no longer allowing them to be sold on their site. I bought mine when they were first released because I thought they would be banned at some point. Paid over $300 for it way back when. When they were selling for $100 the past year or so made me feel foolish. Now, not so much. Oh well. There's a tutorial on youtube on how to make your own from a spare stock for those that still want one. I guess we'll wait and see how this plays out. Sure didn't take long for the Dems to scream for gun control...

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It truly is amazing as there is a great youtube video on how to make your own!!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think I have a box of those rubberbands at home, might be time to put them on Ebay 1 at a time and see how much I can get LOL! I'll patent the term Bump Fire Band!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    better sell them while you can.
    This is a sold item on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/705047603

quite a few are bringing $700-$800.

But if you notice, that item has been relisted about 5 times. I think somebody is messing with the seller just to mess him up.
    It hasn't actually sold for that price.
    There's a gunshop in Tampa that has them for $389. I wouldn't pay even that for one.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Around PC I have seen ads on Armslist where they are going for about $400. I thought that was crazy until I saw ones going for $700 in WA and MO. Just another thing I can get on the wife about not letting me buy cheap when I had the chance.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A person on this Forum had one up for sale for like $125 last week! I personally don't want or need one. And why buy them up now? If thay pas "Restrictions" it's gonna be a ban. So your wasting your money. They are not like Suppressor's. They don't just dampen the sound, they make they gun do exactly what the Grabbers have said about "Assault"
    rifles do.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The BATFE could review and state the BFS IS a maching gun Part because the users trigger finger is not actually using its anatomical structure to physically "pull the trigger": using the device, the trigger finger is stationary in relation to the device and a fixed "Rest" is provided to aid that stationary stability. Firing is caused by forward support hand pressure on the firearm which causes the stationary trigger finger (on the Rest) to also provide static pressure to the trigger which fires the firearm without articulating the muscles of the trigger finger. After firearm recoil the continued forward pressure allows the firearm to move forward while the device and trigger finger remain in contact as the trigger is moved forward as part of the rifle then making contact with the stationary trigger finger: firing a cartridge and repeating te firing cycle until forward support hand pressure is released, the trigger finger is removed or the firearm runs out of ammunition. If the trigger finger was replaced with a fixed wood dowel to simulate its the trigger fingers fixed position: the device would still allow firing with support hand forward pressure on the firearm. Incorperated into the device design is the ability slightly extend and retract providing the necessary distance for trigger reset and actuation. Therefore, when operated in the above manner the trigger is not "pulled" in fact, the opposite occurs and the firearms trigger is pressed against the finger and the device does not meet the technical requirement of one shot per pull of the trigger.

I got a bunch of crap when I mentioned this opinion after the first BFS was approved and was waiting for BATFE to rescind its approval as they had done with other items like the Atkins Accelerator which bankrupt that company.

Just my humble position,

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    This is some of the most ridiculous crap I have ever seen. First off, these bump-fire stocks are a waste of good money and serve no useful purpose other than allowing someone to waste a bunch of ammo. I have never been a fan of them. The same goes for the binary triggers and others that are similar. A lot of wasted money. I was surprised that these products ever got approval from the ATF. I realize that they still allow the weapon to "technically" fall into the definition of semi-automatic, but the operation of the overall weapon has changed. I knew from the beginning that there would be trouble with products like these. It was a matter of time. These products can be banned for all I care. I also believe that the ATF needs to redefine the parameters of the forearm braces/supports and that stricter enforcement needs to happen as well.

Before all of the hate starts spewing my way, let me say that I am just a big of a supporter of the 2nd Amendment as the rest of you. Many of you guys know me well enough to know that. I am also a common sense kind of person. I do not support any kind of gun control, but I do believe that there are some products that should not be allowed or should regulated and the bump-fire stocks, binary and similar trigger, and forearm braces/supports are three of the items. I do believe and support the removal of suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs from the NFA registry. I do believe that there should be new production select-fire/full-automatic weapons available to the public, but with some regulation. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry should have them.

Okay, now the hate can come.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    to me, it is a gimmick, one can burn up plenty ammo just semi-auto, I have always been a aimer, not a sprayer, but
    I agree, the left will say they only want one thing, then they want more...and more, and more

then they will want to ban sharp pointy things

Top Bottom