• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Champ, Thanks for the vids.. On the way over there I kept telling myself I wouldn't shoot those cannons. Boy am I glad I did even if it was with reduced loads. Can't tell by the vids but I was hanging on like someone had thrown me a rope while I was drowning.

Snowbird, It was a fun couple of hours, even nice meeting a yankee. You did fine with the big boys.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ You missed it. Maybe next time, it'd be great if we could make it a thing. Maybe on a Friday afternoon more people could come.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan..just out of curiosity..what kind of scope is on ur slidefire build??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Range on the weekend? fuhgettaboutit, maybe some private land?

My SlideFire build is just a lower receiver, that I can swap between the 556, 300blk, and 50Beo.
    That day, I had my Sig516 upper with an Aimpoint CompM2. The video I posted had Chris with his 6.8 topped with a Burris 1-4 IIRC.
    As we know, lowers tend to sprout uppers, and if I build a dedicated upper for it, it'll be one with an A2 FSB and a carry handle rear. Maybe one of those PTAC deals just to see if I can fry it with 100rd mag dumps.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ yeah, I kinda felt bad taking the old man's money, but once he got back home and on the forum, and continued to talk trash, I didn't feel so bad anymore.
    Much love, Snow! Lol.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.........Use that money for the ammo for the 100 round dump.

Need more prople at the next one so you can TRY to out shoot the young ones. Instead of an old man with bad eyes that had to use his left eye while shooting right handed.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ True story, I actually used to to help but a box of proper 10mm ammo. That PMC crap was disappointing.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope you get that 10mm to working.

Dan Ever notice how some talk trash but won't come out for the fun or won't put any money on the line after putting alot of 45's together?

Maybe there pride won't let them take a whoopen?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Delta Elite worked just fine, just want more power out of it to justify its place in my collection. The Ted Nugent loads should do the trick, making nearly twice the muzzle energy as 45 230gr hardball, which is half as much as a 50AE, in a package half as heavy. Sounds like a recipe for a good time to me. We'll see. I was so disappointed, I actually put it on Armslist for about 30 minutes, lol. I'm gonna give it a fair shot with proper ammo before deciding its fate.

Little bit of good natures trash here and there, mostly good stuff though. I also don't expect many to be able to join at the times that I can , I'm on a completely different work schedule.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    With 10mm you have to get the right stuff. Underwood, Double Tap, Buffalo Bore, stuff like that, or load your own. A lot of the factory stuff is FBI spec (or "10mm Lite"), which is basically just a .40 in a longer case.

Make sure the hot stuff is safe to shoot in your Colt - I don't know much about Delta Elites so I can't comment on their ability to handle the hot stuff.

Top Bottom