Patriot Mobile

SB15 now deemed illegal to shoot from the shoulder..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Nothing mentioned about my cheek weld producer! I'm happy still! Not that I ever put it up to my shoulder though.

Don't worry, I'm sure the window lickers will start writing letters to the ATF this weekend asking again if cane tips and Thorsden kits are ok to shoulder. I swear we are our own worst enemy. Bloomberg doesn't need to do anything except sit back and watch morons and idiots ask the same question to the ATF about controversial topics over and over until they get the answer they don't want.

Django

Master
    To the quantum physics experts out there, can a brace actually touch your shoulder?

Droshki

Master
    Well....... I think it would be a probability density function that you'd have to integrate over the time interval of negative infinity to positive infinity, but without the integration constant, the expressed ambiguity inherent in the construction of the antiderivatives would cause this restriction to be rephrased in the language of differential equations. Since finding an indefinite integral of a function f(x) is the same as solving the differential equation \frac{dy}{dx} = f(x), any differential equation will have many solutions, and each constant represents the unique solution of a well-posed initial value problem. Imposing the condition that our antiderivative takes the value 100 at x = π is an initial condition. Each initial condition corresponds to one and only one value of C, so without C it would be impossible to solve the problem. There is another justification, coming from abstract algebra. The space of all (suitable) real-valued functions on the real numbers is a vector space, and the differential operator \frac{d}{dx} is a linear operator. The operator\frac{d}{dx} maps a function to zero if and only if that function is constant. Consequently, the kernel of \frac{d}{dx} is the space of all constant functions. The process of indefinite integration amounts to finding a preimage of a given function. There is no canonical preimage for a given function, but the set of all such preimages forms a coset. Choosing a constant is the same as choosing an element of the coset. In this context, solving an initial value problem is interpreted as lying in the hyperplane given by the initial conditions.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Can you shoot it using two hands as long as you do not allow it to touch your shoulder ??

Can it touch your shirt that is on your shoulder ??

If you are wearing a jacket and the brace touches the jackets outer shell are you(at that time)illegal ??

If you have a American Flag patch sewn to your jackets shoulder and the brace touches it,is that illegal ??

Can the upper part of the brace be tucked UNDER the arm pit ??

Guess that I will be writing BATFE a letter and get the "ruling". I want to make sure that I am legal. Anyway ...... I will never INTEND to break any law. --- SAWMAN

moron1

Expert
    ATF agents will be provided with feeler gauge sets to measure clearance between shoulder and stock of possible violators. Any airspace of .0015 and beyond may be deemed legal at the discretion of the officer. Recoil may not be factored in so allow for proper clearance upon discharge. Your constitutional rights will not be infringed as long as you do not bear arms against your shoulder. Oh, and watch how you shoot those handguns too buster! Note: Information provided may be complete BS.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They still use the word intent...So no if you build with "intent" to shoulder it, it is a violation.

By the ATFs charter they cannot regulate the use of a product just the intent of said weapon when manufactured.

Go look up the department charter...I still think there is a pass here.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    They still use the word intent...So no if you build with "intent" to shoulder it, it is a violation.

By the ATFs charter they cannot regulate the use of a product just the intent of said weapon when manufactured.

Go look up the department charter...I still think there is a pass here.

Are you willing to commit perjury in federal court and/or are you willing to spend the money to pay someone to argue in court the definition of intend and redesign. If the answer to those is yes; rock on. The internet is forever and it doesn't take much to pull online social media postings even if they have been deleted to prove intent.
    I think the entire mess is stupid, but we do it to ourselves. NFA shouldn't even be in our vocabulary, but since it is, it's what we have to work with unless we're willing to just ignore the law and take our chances. I'm not saying this letter is the law, but you have Turlock CA charging someone with possessing a short barreled rifle because they used an AR15 pistol with an SB15 in a crime. I doubt it will be the last similar charge. Some days I think the internet is one of the worst things ever invented.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not perjury at all my intent when I built was and still is to use the brace as designed...as far as I know they still cannot read minds.

Now saying all that, I don't really need to be the test case. I am not going to go to a public range and shoot for 2 hours and be filmed and I am not writing any letters. I do believe mis-use of a device is pretty far on the bottom of enforcements radar range.

Daezee

Master
    Invent a thing (thin air filled "pillow") that goes between the brace and your shoulder to prevent the brace from touching the shoulder.

Daezee

Master
    A slew of used SIG braces now for sale at ar15.com, used lower receiver parts for sale section.

SAWMAN

Master
    If you hold it up "to" your shoulder ... BUT ... do not actually allow it to touch your shoulder ...................then ... (?) ... did you actually "shoulder the weapon ??

"Sorry officer,the weapon was actually .0015" from my shoulder and NOT actually touching my shoulder."

Mr. Federal man -->If the end user uses the weapon with brace in ANY OTHER WAY other than placing their forearm actually thru the brace,are you busted. If so .. fine. If not,please list(better yet,demonstrate) the other ways that I can fire the weapon without my forearm actually thru the brace with the straps tightened. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    A slew of used SIG braces now for sale at ar15.com, used lower receiver parts for sale section.

Wow, 17 on the first page. I'll wait until they drop a few dollars and then buy one to put on one of my registered SBR lowers. :heh: :bolt:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I am confused here. Do they have to catch you in the act of shouldering the weapon or somethin? ??? If so then who the eff cares just dont do it in front of anyone. Why is everyone freakin out and selling them??

FNHman

Marksman
    No one will ever be convicted for SBR violations for having a sig brace on a pistol and shooting it while the brace is in contact with the shoulder anymore than someone being charged for AOW violation for shooting a pistol with 2 hands.

No one will ever be convicted for SBR violations for having a sig brace on a pistol and shooting it while the brace is in contact with the shoulder anymore than someone being charged for AOW violation for shooting a pistol with 2 hands.

This is not the thinking you want to have. In addition, the argument using two hands to shoot a pistol being a AOW violation is absurd. So many people, on the various forums I belong to, are convoluting the entire issue. There is no correlation between using the SIG Brace as a stock and shooting a pistol (AR or otherwise) with two hands. The only time an AR pistol, or any pistol for that matter, would become an AOW when there is an additional vertical grip added to the pistol and the OAL of the pistol is less than 26" (in the case of an AR pistol, not to include a muzzle device or anything attached to the buffer tube).

Top Bottom