• ...and so much more!
  • Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Finally
    Didn't have to track one into the swamp
    Had driven into Destin to see how Merkinman was doing after shoulder surgery & got back to Freeport before dark so I decided to go sit for an hour or two,,,, grabbed the AK & whatever camo was in the truck (Dad's old button up shirt with dove feathers still in pockets) & headed in.
    Got into my stand a few minutes before 4pm after leaving a trail of Sow-in-Heat all the way in Hehe, hooked up Clay's lights & battery that he has loaned me & kicked back to listen. By 4:10 I was hearing a few "stray'' leaves rustling & than there they were exactly 32yds in front of me against a sandy background,,, I thought to myself, see if they'll come on in closer so I could use my 1911, but 1 got spooked so I grabbed the AK instead & put one of Merkinman's Norinco softpoints directly behind her front leg which destroyed both lungs & the opposing leg. She kicked around in circles in the sand for a minute or two until I put a 2nd one into the back of her head. Fresh Piggy Nov 21 2014.jpg
    WOW
    Adrenaline,,, took me a min or two to get down & realize she was kinda big for me to drag with my back so I got on the phone trying to borrow a 4-wheeler to get her out,,, battery died before I found anyone so I took my 50ft lasso & made a harness to drag her out,,,, took me almost an hour to drag her the 1/4 to near the Jeep & had to use the lasso to pull her up the embankment,,,, another 15 minutes to figure out how to load her by myself LOL 1st AK pig Nov 21 2014.jpg
    Will have better picks tomorrow,,,, waiting on email

Attachments

• Fresh Piggy Nov 21 2014.jpg
      Fresh Piggy Nov 21 2014.jpg
      25.6 KB · Views: 200
    • 1st AK pig Nov 21 2014.jpg
      1st AK pig Nov 21 2014.jpg
      569.8 KB · Views: 209

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Damn I wish I had the time and place to hunt. Next time, call me, I've got a truck and a good back. Congrats!

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With that cold one in his hand and the pig in the hood. Make it look like drinking while hunting bacon! Lol glad you got a thanksgiving bacon to wrap around them turkey breast

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope
    No beer until I got to Clay's house for him to take the pic,,,, but my Romanian friends that cleaned her for me brought vodka,,, LOL Miss Piggie 3.jpg
    Miss Piggie & Alex.jpg
    Miss Piggie 4.jpg
    Miss Piggie 5 the End.jpg
    Alex didn't waste much for all his work, he only wanted the heart & liver for himself but I gave him a ham as well

Attachments

• Miss Piggie 3.jpg
      Miss Piggie 3.jpg
      811.8 KB · Views: 180
    • Miss Piggie & Alex.jpg
      Miss Piggie & Alex.jpg
      589.6 KB · Views: 181
    • Miss Piggie 4.jpg
      Miss Piggie 4.jpg
      626.7 KB · Views: 178
    • Miss Piggie 5 the End.jpg
      Miss Piggie 5 the End.jpg
      523.7 KB · Views: 177

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Think you need to get our your Square to the right Level! Those old soft points don't play!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get that pig brining, change the water every day and you gonna be eating well! Use a cup salt and a shit-load of vinegar ( Apple cider preferred) but any will do...hell cheap OJ will work. Congrats brother, you were like a kid at Christmas when ya rolled up;) I'm off all week, if you want to grind it up in a few days, holler at me as I have the gear.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Great adventure Jeff! Nice hog. I never use vinegar but only salt water brine, what does the vinegar do as the salt make it look like store bought and no wild taste. On a sow I use 1/2 cup of salt per gallon, only change water after the first 24 hrs, but let soak 3-4 days adding ice.

You did good my Man

Merkman, hope you are doing well!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm impressed to hear you hunt with an AK...good hunt and looks like you have some ham for the fridge...

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only have about 50yds to shoot unobstructed from this stand,,,, setup for bow hunting so the AK is handy,,,, if they come back while I'm bowhunting they will get the 1911 medicine.
    She didn't have any real cutters Frank but she had the thick plate & the hairy ridge down her back

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It was kinda eerie walking back in after dark alone to get her,,,, 6 or 8 coyotes & a big feral dog are in the area as well as the other pigs,,,, .45 was cocked & locked & carried my machete LOL

Now you know the feeling I got the first few times out hunting at night. I now use thermal, so it's not as eerie as with just night vision, though it's eerie when you are sitting and hear crunching sounds coming up right behind you! Congrats.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce, .............goddammit ......no more whistling' when your walking thru the woods at night. I'm gettin' kinda tired of that shit.

AND ...... if you carried something besides that 300BLK(which would just probably just bounce off)you would be better off. Jeeeeeeeze !!

And ....... sooooooo ...... I guess that ya'll don't want to here the story of the hogs that ate that whole troupe of Girl Scouts over by Blountstown,right ?? --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Bruce, .............goddammit ......no more whistling' when your walking thru the woods at night. I'm gettin' kinda tired of that shit.

AND ...... if you carried something besides that 300BLK(which would just probably just bounce off)you would be better off. Jeeeeeeeze !!

And ....... sooooooo ...... I guess that ya'll don't want to here the story of the hogs that ate that whole troupe of Girl Scouts over by Blountstown,right ?? --- SAWMAN

Correct, I DO NOT want to hear the story of the hogs that ate the whole troupe of Girl Scouts, THAT YOU KEPT TRYING TO TELL ME WHILE NIGHT HUNTING HOGS, meanwhile I was whistling trying to drown out the sounds of your story.

Top Bottom