Once again. The old men have gone to sleep.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Well, I am feeling old tonight; and likely will be in bed early! Got a new toy in yesterday. A 175 pound draw recurve crossbow.

If you ever get one, do NOT hand cock it a half dozen times to get some shooting in before dark...wait on getting the rope cocking device adjusted to do said test shooting. I am sore in spots I forgot had muscles, and most that I knew did!!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I am feeling old tonight; and likely will be in bed early! Got a new toy in yesterday. A 175 pound draw recurve crossbow.

If you ever get one, do NOT hand cock it a half dozen times to get some shooting in before dark...wait on getting the rope cocking device adjusted to do said test shooting. I am sore in spots I forgot had muscles, and most that I knew did!!

Whatcha get? I have an Excalibur Axiom and love it... Very much a workout

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im on here all the time, I just dont have much to say. Sleep is for sissies. I go to sleep at Midnight, up by 3:30am.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always been a night creeper. Still on the schedule of slinging drinks til 4 am. Thank god those days are over but I still cant kick the night owl-essness

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    During the week I have to be to work at 6:30 so I'm typically in bed by 10 or 11. On the weekends it's a different story, I'll stay up a lot later but sleep in later, I still wake up before my teenage boy on weekends though!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    In my Navy days, I couldn't physically stay up past 10 on a weekday and expect to function the next day, getting up at 530.

Chasing tail on the weekends was a completely different story though. Lol.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My body can handle that for a day or two, but I'm useless after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ive been doing it for over 10 years. I work shift work so when I get off from the night shift I just stay up. I sleep on the 3rd day and stay up the first 2 days. Im good to go for the first 48hrs and I need sleep once I get past 60hrs without sleep.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ive been doing it for over 10 years. I work shift work so when I get off from the night shift I just stay up. I sleep on the 3rd day and stay up the first 2 days. Im good to go for the first 48hrs and I need sleep once I get past 60hrs without sleep.

That would kill me.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Whatcha get? I have an Excalibur Axiom and love it... Very much a workout

Clay, I ended up getting an Arrow Precision Inferno Fury II Recurve Crossbow. Made in China, but so much is and it had lots of good reviews. Throws a bolt wicked fast! From what I read, a lot claiming over 300 fps failed to deliver, this maker claimed a seemingly honest 235 fps. Price was right, and so I ordered extras on the initial order and need more.

LOL, another order going in soon for bolts, aluminum and carbon, and broadheads. Will get an extra prod and another spare string to put in the bolt tube I found for carrying more bolts easily. It IS a workout, but much easier with a properly adjusted rope cocking aid.

Oh, and I did crash early last night, out before 2130!

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Dan, not much to say bout us old men!!! When you have done the things we old men have done an put in your time , when you are almost seventy, yes I retire early ,say about 7-30 or so. I am raiseing a 5yr. old daughter as well , I am up at 4 am usually, things change when you are older, so enjoy being young!!! Denny

Top Bottom