• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have all those same boxes checked too. Years ago before Obummer I bought mail order from the CMP and I also made the pilgrimage to the CMP store in Anniston. Now I choose not to buy out of Federal government gun storage. I'll buy my crusty old green 30-06 somewhere else as long as there's a crusade on against my gun rights. The hell I'm ever going to buy ammo from the Feds ever again as long as the Feds work for the Chief Gun Grabber In Charge. It is the epitome of registration... buying ammo straight from the Feds. Never forget who you're buying from at the CMP
    Lucky I'm the same after all I've been through, Uncle Sam's been good to me so far. (plagiarism) But what about all those years when the NRA inspired youth programs and education that fostered many of todays shooting sports programs! Is the FEAR OF UNCLE SAM as "THE MAN" worth dissolving all those Genesis Programs?
    For entertainment purposes only:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Absolutely. I'm all for total and absolute deregulation. The words "shall not be infringed" include "shall not give my info or anybody else's info to the dirty rats at the NRA"
    Well I hear you, perhaps that's why I won't get the Vet Stamp on my Florida License. ( Might also have something to due with every LEO Detective Knocking on my door when someone is exterminated at over 100 yards within America.) But total and absolute deregulation? Lets just defund every PD! Today's Society can't afford Western Law, there are to many SHEEPELS! Yes the STRONG and Well Trained have a better than average chance to SURVIVE, but the premise is built on allowing the meek & mild to inherit the Earth. You have utilized the programs of the NRA during your lifetime, would you actually take those programs away from others that could walk within such footprints?

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    While I feel it is "trendy" among gun owners to bash the NRA, and admittedly they bring it on themselves sometimes, it's still the one organization that the Liberals and the liberal news media fears the most. Just look at what the New York Attorney General is doing going after the NRA. I wonder just how much of their liberal propaganda directed at the NRA is just that, lies and propaganda. Don't join, don't renew, and you're playing right into their long range game plan of driving the NRA out of existence. The NRA is still feared, and that's why I'm a NRA Patron member.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    My dollar bills won't ever go to nra coffers... they would throw gun owners under the bus for the chance to hunt giraffes and hippos. Between the constant drumming for money, the execs salaries and the weak kneed pandering, they can pound sand!

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    While I feel it is "trendy" among gun owners to bash the NRA, and admittedly they bring it on themselves sometimes, it's still the one organization that the Liberals and the liberal news media fears the most. Just look at what the New York Attorney General is doing going after the NRA. I wonder just how much of their liberal propaganda directed at the NRA is just that, lies and propaganda. Don't join, don't renew, and you're playing right into their long range game plan of driving the NRA out of existence. The NRA is still feared, and that's why I'm a NRA Patron member.
    Love 'em or hate 'em they are still the big dog in the daily fight for the 2A. I have been disappointed by the NRA. I wish new leadership would have emerged from this past annual meeting. Alas, it didn't. Some in my family have disappointed me as well, but we're still family and stay together.

Last edited:

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Are either of the above mentioned organizations going to be able to muster the Clout of the NRA?

Sadly no. Possibly in the future. I don’t like the turns they’ve taken, but they are the heavy weight in the fight for 2A

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well I hear you, perhaps that's why I won't get the Vet Stamp on my Florida License. ( Might also have something to due with every LEO Detective Knocking on my door when someone is exterminated at over 100 yards within America.) But total and absolute deregulation? Lets just defund every PD! Today's Society can't afford Western Law, there are to many SHEEPELS! Yes the STRONG and Well Trained have a better than average chance to SURVIVE, but the premise is built on allowing the meek & mild to inherit the Earth. You have utilized the programs of the NRA during your lifetime, would you actually take those programs away from others that could walk within such footprints?

You do know that a little regulation turns into more regulation, registration, bans, restrictions, then confiscation. But all of the above only applies to the law abiding. Criminals always find a way to get what they want. Big cities & blue states are prime examples of where gun control starts and the problems that follow.
    I would not really expect law enforcement to get to a situation as quickly as I would need them if I were ever to call.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA should be driven out of existence. And Wayne, the Board of Directors and several others should be sued for misappropriation of my, yours and everybody else's money
    Is the NRA actually bankrupt? or was it as the NY Judge decided just a ploy to leave NY and restructure in TX? But it may well be time for a shake up in the board. Ollie called for just such an action years ago. But is poor fiscal stewardship an actual reason to do away with the entire Organization?

nrajeeper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a life member but haven't given extra funds to them in several years. Leadership (esp Wayne) are disappointing at best. Their own magazines never really addressed why they supported the bump stock ban.

Also a life member of GOA. I give some money to them throughout the year, and to the SAF for their raffles. I have also given to the Firearms Policy Coalition.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    I am a life member but haven't given extra funds to them in several years. Leadership (esp Wayne) are disappointing at best. Their own magazines never really addressed why they supported the bump stock ban.

Also a life member of GOA. I give some money to them throughout the year, and to the SAF for their raffles. I have also given to the Firearms Policy Coalition.
    I do not hesitate to say that I am a life member of the NRA. I have been for decades. You are a hero of the 2A for the moral and monetary support you give to the cause. When you support the 2A in the way that you have, generations of Americans that don't exist today will benefit. Thank you. I once said an effective leader of the NRA is worth every penny of compensation they receive. At the time a less controversial Wayne LaPierre was that guy. Membership was up. Political pressure the NRA could bring was great. Snowflakes were fearful. Pride of membership was good. I no longer feel that way about Wayne. From many of the comments in this thread others feel the same. In fact I feel absolutely the opposite. However, I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water. Folks that voted to keep him at the helm might have other than altruistic motives. As members we all had an opportunity to vote. I think the NRA's political impact will diminish as well as membership from the result of the decision to keep Wayne. That is unfortunate. I don't think he can change the perception that people currently have of him.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, perhaps it's time to toss another Benjamin into the fray? At least it will be another 5 years before the Good Folks at the NRA Solicit me again. Perhaps I'll select Shooting Illustrated this time. Anyone got a favorite NRA Publication?

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    left nra back in the 80’s. went to goa. i think wayne la pierre does more harm than good. when he is gone i will rejoin the nra but still maintain membership in the goa.

and that is all i am going to say about that.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So it's that time again, the NRA has sent me the current renewal offer. It's up to $25 a year and American Rifleman hasn't been that entertaining lately. Anyone following what the NRA has been doing for it's members lately? Why would the NRA ask the final question of it's Gun Owner survey, "Will you fight for your freedom by renewing your commitment" when they already know that I'm a Combat Vet? Is this really worth $25 a year? What say Y'all.
    My grandfather stopped supporting the NRA, and he was a life long member. I sure as heck do not support an organization that hasn't done anything lately to protect the 2A while enriching themselves.

Top Bottom