0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently they’re making them again….. don’t wanna explode my gun though
    he got sued so many times i bet he /they tamed them down ,they were bar room accurate and no more ,muzzle blast was probably fatal ,they were very cool shooting out of a model 29 44 mag. 4 inch . You lost the capability of car engine destruction

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Back when I started as a rookie officer carrying my issued S&W Mod 19 we were issued the old Remington .357 158 JHP. It was pretty stout load even back then. Probably any good JHP 125-158 gr should do the job. Honestly a .38 +P JHP would probably be fine in a 2.5" barrel and not have the blinding flash that .357 in short barrels are famous for. Good luck!

brasshog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I keep my S&W Model 19-2 snubby loaded next to the bed with Triton Quick-Shoks. Those are nice and powerful. If I had to eventually replace them I would use the Corbons that I have. If buying new ammo then I'd either go with Hornady Critical Defense or Buffalo Bore ammo. Be careful buying Gold Dots. There is a load that is "low recoil" that is nothing more than a 38 Special load.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the 70's i had a ruger super blackhawk 44 mag that had a steady diet of hot loads ....the ejector rod housing un soldered itself from the barrel , my m 29's held up fine .

In the 70's i had a ruger super blackhawk 44 mag that had a steady diet of hot loads ....the ejector rod housing un soldered itself from the barrel , my m 29's held up fine .
    I am a little confused by this statement, All Black Hawk ,Single 6 and even the Bearcat The ejector rod housing is Secured to the barrel by a single screw. I am pretty sure that the B
    20240212_121956.jpg
    lack Hawk can handle much more than the 29. I'm not knocking the 29 I love them both. And I have known people that had to put a little Lock tight on the ejector rod housing screw To keep it from working loose.
    20240212_122935.jpg

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am a little confused by this statement, All Black Hawk ,Single 6 and even the Bearcat The ejector rod housing is Secured to the barrel by a single screw. I am pretty sure that the B View attachment 270610 lack Hawk can handle much more than the 29. I'm not knocking the 29 I love them both. And I have known people that had to put a little Lock tight on the ejector rod housing screw To keep it from working loose. View attachment 270613
    it was 50 years ago there was no threaded hole near the end of the barrel that held the housing on then it fell off ,i do remember the smith saying he would sweat it back on and re-blue it ....ruger 44 mag single action super black hawk . If it was a screw i would have thought i would have noticed it but i re-call it looked like a soldier failed...in fairness it had hundreds and hundreds of very hot loads through it

Last edited:
    Top Bottom