• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everything I have read lately indicates the 125 grain JHP is still king of the .357 self-defense ammo. Not sure about brand, because there is so much marketing nonsense trying to be the next big thing.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I like the SIG V-Crown loads in 9mm. Specifically designed to ensure full expansion out of short barrels. They have it in 357 and 38 SPL. Academy carries the 9, have to look next time in for the 38/357/

EDIT: The V-Crown and Hornady Defense loads are my go to in almost all calibers I carry.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    I like the SIG V-Crown loads in 9mm. Specifically designed to ensure full expansion out of short barrels. They have it in 357 and 38 SPL. Academy carries the 9, have to look next time in for the 38/357/

EDIT: The V-Crown and Hornady Defense loads are my go to in almost all calibers I carry.
    thank you

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Full blown 357 load for inside the house out a 2.5" . Have you ever shot a 357 in an enclosed space w/o hearing protection ? Possibly in a low light situation ? Best hope there's only 1 & you nail 'em with first shot . If you have to , try it sometime . About a week after the ringing stops you'll be comin' up with another plan .
    I grew up on magnum caliber sixguns . At one time my HD plan included a 357 in every room , along with strategically placed shotguns / carbines . Had a situation that involved an actual shooting . Long story short 45acp has replaced the indoor 357's . Much easier on the ears , lot less muzzle flash & enough penetration w/o endangering neighbors .

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Full blown 357 load for inside the house out a 2.5" . Have you ever shot a 357 in an enclosed space w/o hearing protection ? Possibly in a low light situation ? Best hope there's only 1 & you nail 'em with first shot . If you have to , try it sometime . About a week after the ringing stops you'll be comin' up with another plan .
    I grew up on magnum caliber sixguns . At one time my HD plan included a 357 in every room , along with strategically placed shotguns / carbines . Had a situation that involved an actual shooting . Long story short 45acp has replaced the indoor 357's . Much easier on the ears , lot less muzzle flash & enough penetration w/o endangering neighbors .

What he said!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pick a caliber that you can shoot well & allows you to make rapid multiple hits on target . 38 special / 9mm or larger preferred , but only if controllable . Can't stop what you can't hit.......

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom