• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't confirm but I've read and heard the theory that your body takes years to acclimate to a particular climate.

Oh yea? Well I've been living here 60 years next month and I'm still not acclimated to the heat. As a matter of fact I can tolerate it less and less every year. And to think I used to frame houses in this shit !!!! Come on November.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh hell yeah age has something to do with it. I don't remember heat and humidity bothering me even 5 years ago. I'm sitting in the house right now trying to decide what to do. Hate to waste a weekend but I'm not going anywhere unless its to go back inside somewhere.

I worked outside all week as usual but when I came back from lunch yesterday I sat at my desk and said screw it. I plowed through paperwork until the boss showed up and decided to pick right then to go flying. We got the Luscombe out and he made one trip around the field, taxied back to the hangar and said "screw this crap".

Speaking of bodies being acclimated: Boss was.raised in West Virginia and always brags that he doesn't sweat. He doesn't. However, even after living down here 50 years he can't take this weather. Flip side, I've seldom ever seen him wear anything more that a long sleeve shirt, and almost never a coat when the weather is below 30°.

Last edited:

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I work in a restaurant, usually on the grill, and I have to paraphrase the movie "Super Troopers" every once in a while: "I swear I'll pistol whip the next guy who tells me it's hot outside!"
    I'll take fall weather as soon as it gets here, though.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My A/C Decided to Burn the Fan motor this morning.. I noticed it was 81 in the house, I thought my son left the door open.. After waiting abit,Nope still 81 Check the outside unit and its not running.. The Fan Motor Is Burning Hot to the touch.. Boooo

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My A/C Decided to Burn the Fan motor this morning.. I noticed it was 81 in the house, I thought my son left the door open.. After waiting abit,Nope still 81 Check the outside unit and its not running.. The Fan Motor Is Burning Hot to the touch.. Boooo

That's why I keep a.couple of window ac units around. Sure as hell the central unit will puke on the hottest week of the year. In fact I just got an email.from the realtor that the ac went out in my rental at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. I keep an 8,000 BTU window shaker around just for that. At least I can sleep cool if the big one quits. It's also small enough that my generator will run it if the power goes out.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's why I keep a.couple of window ac units around. Sure as hell the central unit will puke on the hottest week of the year. In fact I just got an email.from the realtor that the ac went out in my rental at 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Yup I have extra window units.. I have 5 all together, I let someone Borrow 3 last year because the house they moved into the A/C was stolen... But Of course They never got it replaced,so they still have 3 of them... But I hooked up one for now, I found my warranty info I can change the fan if i could figure out how to get it warrantied myself.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. I keep an 8,000 BTU window shaker around just for that. At least I can sleep cool if the big one quits. It's also small enough that my generator will run it if the power goes out.

Absolutely!!! Same setup here. I can live with heat during the day but when its time to sleep I gotta have it cold.

NWFLYJ

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's hotter than two rats boinking in a wool sock.

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mowed the grass today around 130ish. Bad mistake....damn. My socks and everything were soaked with sweat. Jumped in the shower when I was finished. I hate mowing grass

Top Bottom