• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Confucius say "when can't decide place to eat, eat at Y"..............:loco:

Couldnt. Wife was with me.

Well, we decided to go to Foley so she could shop a little, then we would eat. I got all worked up, then realized it's tourist season.

First, Fish River Grille #2 is closed on Sundays.

Lamberts I checked twice to see if the line would every go down between lunch and dinner time. Nope

Almost gave Shrimp Basket another try even though I gave them 3 already and they sucker all three times and at different locations. They were packed out too.

Finally said screw it after running up and down 59.

Went to Zaxby's.:noidea:

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they have a great grilled chicken salad...."ZZALAD" they call it.... and them hot as hell boneless wings are the absolute finest shit !!!!!

man if they only served beer:help:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I always get their Black and Blue salad. I'm not much of a chicken wings or strips person.

I have been seriously Jonesing for seafood since effin' Stanley texted me a picture from his fishing trip last Thursday. Just too lazy this weekend to cook my own. Hell, I almost went to Long John Silver's and that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was a rough weekend for us starting Friday night the wife received a call from her cousin up in Wing Alabama with news his wife passed away. Hung up from that call and my sister in law in Connecticut texts us that she's at the hospital with my dad . He has sever pneumonia and will be in the hospital most likely for the week.

Wake up to another text Saturday morning , my wife's boss who is also a very good friend and her dive partner, mother in law passed away. He left everything at work into my wife's hands for the week.

Well to get to the point yesterday afternoon after spending some time in Wing Alabama we drove back into town looking for a quick bite.

We stopped at Captain D on North Davis highway. The place wasn't crowded and the food was actually very good I was pretty surprised. We spent about $25 for two dinners and soft drinks . I'll definatly return , been to other seafood restaurants around here and spent double if not more for dinner and walked out still hungry and served over price crap.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had another experience a few weeks ago that puzzled me but I didn't say anything. My wife and I like to take a ride and pick up a sandwich on the weekends and sit at one of the parks over looking the water.

We usually hit Apple Market which has some good hot foods and sandwiches, but this day we stopped at Shoreline Market , my wife got chicken salad sandwich and now remember I am a northern boy I ordered a Rachel grinder with the works. We picked up chips and drinks and off we went.

Found a nice spot with picnic tables and sat down to eat, I bit in and notice my sandwich has sauerkraut on it. Ok I figure they didn't understand and made me a pastrami Ruben.

We went back a few weeks later and I asked them what was the difference between their Rubens and their Rachel.

They told me Rubens are made with corned beef and sauerkraut, Rachel has Pastrami & sauerkraut. I ordered a roast beef with Swiss cheese instead.

I wasn't in the mood to argue and tell them a Ruben is made with corn beef or pastrami with sauerkraut and a Rachel is made with either or both meats and dressed with coleslaw and Swiss cheese.

Figured I really didn't need to show my New England roots down here and disrespect what they have been taught, How ever wrong at may be.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry about the family troubles bac.

Yeah, Captain D's isn't too bad at all. I like their country fried fish, it's more like pan fried than deep fried.

Shoreline is awesome but they may not know Northern ways. They're from Greece,

Walruson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    TuDo is the place for Pho in my limited experience. Try #11, chicken pho. If you're not a soup person, try #115, vermicelli with roasted chicken . After dinner though stop by the Golden Palace next door for the smoothie. Try the watermelon with Boba (tapioca pearl). Not manly but damn good

I like TuDo because the serve the extra large pho and it's HUGE. In terms of flavor, I think Golden Palace is better for Pho Dac Biet, but then again, it was the first time I had pho in awhile, so I have to retry it.

safetyfirst

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I like Jordan Valley over on ninth Ave, next to Olive Garden, and/or in downtown P'cola. Their hummus is awesome! They also make a really good Babaganoush.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only ate once at the Golden Palace - order Pho and when it came I found a cloth napkin in it. Showed my waitress, for which she promptly thanked me and went about her business. Might be a unique experience but once is enough for me.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll be in Pensacola this afternoon, near Brent, 29 and 110. My wife will be with me. Where do we need to eat dinner? I'd prefer something nearby or on the way back to Fairhope.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What kind of food you looking for? Not really a lot in that area. If you just want something different you can hit Waynes Diner. That's exit 7, next door to Ruby Tuesday's. It's usually pretty good but sometimes hit and miss. Country menu, heavy on vegetables. Mullet, catfish, liver and onions, country fried steak, stuff like that. Not fancy. Otherwise, if you're in the Brent area you would need to go East to Davis and then hit around University Mall, mostly chains like Twin Peaks, O'Charley's and such.

Correction, if you're traveling I-110 you can hook back East on I-10 and then get off on Davis Hwy exit. You'll be at the mall then.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What kind of food you looking for? Not really a lot in that area. If you just want something different you can hit Waynes Diner. That's exit 7, next door to Ruby Tuesday's. It's usually pretty good but sometimes hit and miss. Country menu, heavy on vegetables. Mullet, catfish, liver and onions, country fried steak, stuff like that. Not fancy. Otherwise, if you're in the Brent area you would need to go East to Davis and then hit around University Mall, mostly chains like Twin Peaks, O'Charley's and such.

Correction, if you're traveling I-110 you can hook back East on I-10 and then get off on Davis Hwy exit. You'll be at the mall then.

Hmm. I was hoping to find something unique the the area, basically something that I can't get every day. I may try that diner, is it the one next the Burger King?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I'll be in Pensacola this afternoon, near Brent, 29 and 110. My wife will be with me. Where do we need to eat dinner? I'd prefer something nearby or on the way back to Fairhope.

That is a good question. There are numerous fast food joints in that area. There is a Whataburger and some sort of Mexican food (Taco Rock) place just north of the Brent Ln. and Hwy 29 intersection. There is Smokey's BBQ that is on Hwy 29 just south of the "W" St. and Hwy 29 intersection. There is a Pizza Hut near the intersection of Airport Blvd. and Hwy 29. There is just not a great many choices. Even back toward I-110, there is not really anything. There are a few places down near the Saufley Field and Mobile Hwy intersection. There is an Arby's, Taco Bell, Whataburger, and the Monterey Mexican Grille.

Top Bottom