• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting: Hundreds of black gun owners take part in 2nd Amendment Armed March (msn.com)

Hundreds of black gun owners marched through downtown Tulsa to honor of the lives lost during the Tulsa Race Massacre of 1921.

Members of the Black Panther party and over a dozen gun clubs marched down North Tulsa chanting 'Black Power' and 'Black Lives Matter' on Saturday afternoon.

The 2nd Amendment Armed March commemorated the 100th anniversary of the notorious massacre that saw whites in the Oklahoma City attacking the prosperous black Greenwood district and its residents.
    1622387862609.png

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    You’re probably right. Most likely some very tense moments for sure . I am definitely going to read up in it .

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I certainly do not want a replay of 100 years ago
    wiki Started on May 31, 1921
    19-year-old Dick Rowland, a Black shoeshiner, was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, the 17-year-old White elevator operator of the nearby Drexel Building. He was taken into custody. After the arrest, rumors spread through the city that Rowland was to be lynched. Upon hearing reports that a mob of hundreds of White men had gathered around the jail where Rowland was being kept, a group of 75 Black men, some of whom were armed, arrived at the jail in order to ensure that Rowland would not be lynched. The sheriff persuaded the group to leave the jail, assuring them that he had the situation under control. As the group was leaving the premises, complying with the sheriff's request, a member of the mob of White men allegedly attempted to disarm one of the Black men.[citation needed] A shot was fired, and then, according to the reports of the sheriff, "all hell broke loose." At the end of the firefight, 12 people were killed: 10 White and 2 Black. As news of these deaths spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded.[2] White rioters rampaged through the Black neighborhood that night and morning killing men and burning and looting stores and homes. Around noon on June 1, the Oklahoma National Guard imposed martial law, effectively ending the massacre.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One more thing....
    I understand protesting bad/wrong things of America's past, but why overlook, lie and try to re-write other important parts of American history. We will make the same mistakes 10-fold.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I get the media double standard, and disagreeing with a political statement. However the opportunity this kind of thing presents is a perfect way to point out the racist history of gun control, and that the 2a is the only protection any minority (down to the smallest one, the individual) has from mob rule or bad government. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I get the media double standard, and disagreeing with a political statement. However the opportunity this kind of thing presents is a perfect way to point out the racist history of gun control, and that the 2a is the only protection any minority (down to the smallest one, the individual) has from mob rule or bad government. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All good thoughts .

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe they were marching for 77 year old Ernest Martin Stevens volunteer fire chief who was shot by 28 year old Devon Dunham 8 times while sitting in his truck. Maybe they are marching because Devon was found not guilty in a complete miscarriage of justice? Maybe why they are marching around yelling like idiots?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe they were marching for 77 year old Ernest Martin Stevens volunteer fire chief who was shot by 28 year old Devon Dunham 8 times while sitting in his truck. Maybe they are marching because Devon was found not guilty in a complete miscarriage of justice? Maybe why they are marching around yelling like idiots?
    Let us see if I got this right. 100 years ago with the support of local officials maybe 300 blacks were killed. While you did not mention skin color I gather the dead fire chief was killed by a black man. No links given
    Here is one link https://fox28media.com/news/local/m...rdeeville-south-carolina-volunteer-fire-chief
    But no details for the motive of the killing. You are implying that the white man was killed due to his skin color and was released because he was black. No details on the evidence or fairness of the trial.
    Please give more information.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let us see if I got this right. 100 years ago with the support of local officials maybe 300 blacks were killed. While you did not mention skin color I gather the dead fire chief was killed by a black man. No links given
    Here is one link https://fox28media.com/news/local/m...rdeeville-south-carolina-volunteer-fire-chief
    But no details for the motive of the killing. You are implying that the white man was killed due to his skin color and was released because he was black. No details on the evidence or fairness of the trial.
    Please give more information.
    The information is all out there though media coverage is lacking to say the least. Make of it what you will. I don't feel like debating it or posting a bunch of info about it. I did take your thread as an opportunity to point it out since it probably will not be very widely covered in the media. Right, wrong, pointless, whatever - It is what it is. Edit: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article251701818.html

On topic here! - Some footage of the gathering, great for a laugh I guess.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Deuteronomy 20 worked for hundreds of years. Thousands of years even. Can you imagine if they'd had guns (any kind of guns) and a Second Amendment back then? It's absolutely amazing that there aren't more towns doing what happened with the "race massacre" a whole lot more often. Cohabitation with different people rubbing other different people wrong is impossible. There will always be friction.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The information is all out there though media coverage is lacking to say the least. Make of it what you will. I don't feel like debating it or posting a bunch of info about it. I did take your thread as an opportunity to point it out since it probably will not be very widely covered in the media. Right, wrong, pointless, whatever - It is what it is. Edit: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article251701818.html

On topic here! - Some footage of the gathering, great for a laugh I guess.

What I am seeing and hearing on those posted videos will not help anything good to happen,

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Deuteronomy 20 worked for hundreds of years. Thousands of years even. Can you imagine if they'd had guns (any kind of guns) and a Second Amendment back then? It's absolutely amazing that there aren't more towns doing what happened with the "race massacre" a whole lot more often. Cohabitation with different people rubbing other different people wrong is impossible. There will always be friction.
    Tribes have often exterminated other tribes. Some think that modern man upon reaching Europe and Asia exterminated Neanderthals and other ancient human subspecies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom