• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What do you think about building with pallet wood? Not just for cabins or outbuildings, but for a real nice house. Nobody has to know where the bones under the sheetrock came from. I have a ton of free pallet wood available to me with my works weekly shipments, and I only need my own land to store it. Well, at least enough of it to get construction to where I can live there full time while building. Then its on like donkey kong

Screenshot_20240121-141238.png
    Screenshot_20240121-141258.png

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What do you think about building with pallet wood? Not just for cabins or outbuildings, but for a real nice house. Nobody has to know where the bones under the sheetrock came from. I have a ton of free pallet wood available to me with my works weekly shipments, and I only need my own land to store it. Well, at least enough of it to get construction to where I can live there full time while building. Then its on like donkey kong

View attachment 265630 View attachment 265631

Maybe the fingernails… or the eye lashes… but not the bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I saw a guy build a cabin out of those on YouTube. It was pretty cool little A-frame.

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yeah I went with a 24x46. Itl be 18ft high 2 story inside. 3br 2 bath.
    Oh nice, did you end up going with the Arch? I thought I read you chose a barn style instead?
    Honestly either is a great choice, it's IMO dumb as hell to pay full cost to build a "traditional" home on large property with the cost and completely shit quality that builders get away with now. Unless you do it all yourself of course haha.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh nice, did you end up going with the Arch? I thought I read you chose a barn style instead?
    Honestly either is a great choice, it's IMO dumb as hell to pay full cost to build a "traditional" home on large property with the cost and completely shit quality that builders get away with now. Unless you do it all yourself of course haha.
    Yeah i bought an arch. It was $30k shipped. I have R33 insulation for all walls/roof too included along with weather barrier.
    Goal is to get the peirs done by end of Feb and have sub floor done by end of May. April will be the structure frame, then interior framing.

Viper0hr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yeah i bought an arch. It was $30k shipped. I have R33 insulation for all walls/roof too included along with weather barrier.
    Goal is to get the peirs done by end of Feb and have sub floor done by end of May. April will be the structure frame, then interior framing.
    Awesome to hear man, can't beat $30k for a good shell to start on, good luck with the build!
    Looking forward for updates as you get it up and built/finished inside eventually.

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks. Yeah it was cheaper than building a barndo so that what we decided.
    I'll probably be moving in 5ish years but gonna keep the house for when I come back down here. Looking to get to more privacy, Arkansas or Kentucky mountains. Florida just doesn't have it and getting too populated.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

As a high schooler dad showed me a house a guy built with mahogany type pallet wood. Gorgeous lap siding. Went by a couple of years ago and they had put vinyl siding over it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That's looks great. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me go more basspro'ish haha. I'm going to use my cedar trees for the stairwell.
    I jokingly call our place, Barbie's hunting camp. Cause of chandelier etc... and the rustic look. Corn sheller, fry pans on wall. Old BP shotgun mounted above the bedroom door.

Top Bottom