• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ted-hurst correctly answered Trivia Question 6.

Welrod Mk.II Welrod Mk.I
    Type Single Action manually operated
    Caliber(s) 7.65x17 / .32 ACP 9x19
    Weight unloaded 1090 g 1500 g
    Length 310 mm 360 mm
    Barrel length 95 mm (less silencer)
    Magazine capacity 8 rounds 6 rounds

Welrod pistol was developed in UK by Special Operations Executive (S.O.E.), a government organisation which was tasked with intellegence, diversions and other special operations as well as support of the various anti-Hitler resistance movements in occupied Europe. Most of such operations were clandestine by nature and required special equipment, including special weapons. The ordinary silencers for semi-automatic pistols were well known and well developed by the WW2, but there still was the sound of the reciprocating slide during the discharge of the pistol, which was quite audible at night or in other 'quiet' environments. To solve this problem, British engineers decided to use manually operated action for the proposed gun. Early prototypes of the new silenced weapon were developed during second half of the 1942, with first prototypes tested in early 1943, in 9x19 Luger and 7.65x17 Browning calibers. Mass production of the 7.65mm Welrod pistol, officially known as Welrod pistol, Mark II, commenced in late 1943, and Birmingham Small Arms Co, Ltd (BSA). Total number produced is unknown, but some sources stated that at about 14 000 of Welrod Mk.II pistols were produced. Production of the larger, more powerful and more effective 9mm Welrod Mk.I commenced in 1944, on request of the British Special operations forces. The latter model survived for a quite long time, and some 9mm Welrod Mk.I pistols were apparently still in operational use by British Special Operations forces as late as in 1991, during the operation Desert Storm.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's caseless ammo for the HK G11.

Glad I finally knew one!

Who says that call of duty doesn't teach you anything?

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    gonna guess its spiraled brass but no idea what for. My theory is the brass has a deep loaded bullet and the cartridge will give the bullet its spin on a smooth bore rifle. Seeing the size of the object in relation to the size of the holders finger and thumb also suggests it could be of a larger caliber, possibly to shoot .22lr from a .410 bore?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunkyfish was in the groove "Fluted Chamber" used on Heckler & Koch and CETME delayed-blowback, roller-locking firearms. The pictured chamber is from a H&K MP5 with 16 fluting groves (others have 12).
    These flutes reduce the cartridge case's bearing surface and permit propellent gases to float the case to ease extraction. As delayed blowback does not offer the available power reserve of gas operation under adverse conditions and there is no primary extraction, chamber fluting is required for reliable functioning. Ejected cases are all marked with distinctive striations but, contrary to popular belief, this does not affect their potential for reloading.

Here is a cross section pic: MP5cutaway.jpg
    WR

Attachments

• MP5cutaway.jpg
      MP5cutaway.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 390

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    "Ejected cases are all marked with distinctive striations but, contrary to popular belief, this does not affect their potential for reloading."

True Dat !
    I've got 6 reloads on some of my .308 Cetme cases
    but for every 50rds fired I lose 1 or 2 cases to being MANGELED upon the 30ft ejection,,,,
    ya' might wanna stay on my left-hand side when I'm shooting,,, LOL

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But don't reload Gen Glock brass that hus unsupported chamber (The old bowtie look)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FYI most SA have some degree of unsupported chamber (U/C). This is done to increase reliability. As long as you operate within SAMI specs, ammo in UC operate fine. As with most MFG: Glock says to only use NEW ammo. The shallowest UC cut I ever saw was on a 1911 in 38 Super: again a high pressure load. You can track the majority. Here are a few to look at:
    40SWchmbr.jpg

Attachments

• 40SWchmbr.jpg
      40SWchmbr.jpg
      151.3 KB · Views: 336

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Donkey_McWedges scored a Bulls Eye on this one. Here are a few more pics.

pocket watch gun.jpg pocket watch gun 2.jpg

Attachments

• pocket watch gun.jpg
      pocket watch gun.jpg
      8.4 KB · Views: 298
    • pocket watch gun 2.jpg
      pocket watch gun 2.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 292

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Firearms Trivia Question #9

In the land where Adolf was from, so was this. Issued in a small green box but not to civilians or for sale in the U.S. But since a rose is a rose and shoots the same, you can buy it here by another name. What model am I over there and what model am I here?
    WR

Top Bottom