• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?ref=yfp

Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way. We looked at what interventions might have saved those people, and the case for the policies I'd lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence. The best ideas left standing were narrowly tailored interventions to protect subtypes of potential victims, not broad attempts to limit the lethality of guns.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    now wynn resort in nv searching bags, even cosmetic purses of the women reporters doing a story this am..

really?

some dipshidiot hauls 20 guns and hundreds of rounds up to a room, has room service 2-3 days and they are searching lipstick bags.....

so now, if you are driving to nv, with a gun in your luggage, staying at a hotel, that is a nono?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    We should really think about banning murder. This stuff is getting out of hand. If we ban it, it'll just stop because murderers won't want to break the law...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York and perennial leading advocate for gun control, opined that leaders should "resolve to stop mass shootings in America — and back up our words with actions."

these freaking retards actually think, if they could just pass the perfect gun law, that shootings would stop..

tell me, how does that work?

1. It helps them pull more like minded people into their party.

2. It makes the sheep feel warm and protected if law is passed.

Of course, it's easy to come up with laws and let someone else to do the grunt work which brings up....

3. Create new "task force" to carry out enforcing new law. $$$$$ to new task force/agency with their buddies running the thing.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Germanwings copilot deliberately crash a commercial jet into a mountain killing 144 people, but we still have commercial passenger airlines. I guess the anti gun fanatics have a narrow view of people/objects that cause mass murder.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They couldn't care less how many of us get killed. They don't want us to have a way to resist their rules it's all about control and nothing more.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    from what I am given to understand this wackado either "had" or had access to two planes, and was a rated pilot.. so if he would not have used firearms (and every aftermarket accesorry capable of modifying to as close as possible to FA, and largest mags avaliable..all obtained leagaly so noone could dispute the avaliablity) then he could have just flown a plane loaded with av gas into the crowd and killed hundreds or more.. but then again they are not out to ban planes, nor would that have pushed anyones agenda.. (Insert tinfoil hat here)

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A fairly short article that is worth the time to read. Of course this is NOT the whole issue but it does shed some light on a deeper problem in our society.
    https://byrslf.co/thoughts-on-the-vegas-shooting-14af397cee2c

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Another question that American society really needs to ask is: What is the real role of the woman in a man's life?

..aside from being a great sandwich maker and washing machine, of course. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom