• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Take em up on the Madd, you'll have a great time. Be warned though, you will be shooting more after the first match.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Man! I wish I had my own range! Then I could shoot like Jogan.
    We looked out in the country when looking for our next house, but as much as we wanted it, it just didn't make sense with the business and the kids' schools all being downtown.
    Watch Maddman come back after a couple of matches and put a whooping on us. Lol!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    What are the rifle requirements?
    DAMN IT GUYS!!!!
    No real requirements, you can shoot anything from a bolt action 22 to a full out race gun, optics, irons, whatever you want.
    A good basic military style high capacity carbine is a good starting point though.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You're welcome...
    Any decent AR or AK will be fine.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Maddman, if you do decide to go out and buy or build something just for this, I offer my very limited but very eager and available knowledge to help however it can.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As far as requirements go, make sure you have a sling and at least two magazines if your rifle uses them. We aren't going to let the scorekeeper hold your rifle after you shoot your thirty plus rounds while you "transition" to your pistol. Folks have brought M1 Carbines, SOCOM M1A's, Mini-14s, SKS, AKs, G3s, oh, did I forget ARs? Beretta Storms, etc. Calibers can be from .22LR to .308/7.62x51, but no 50 BMG (too noisy and too #&*! expensive !!) There will be categories for Iron sights, optics, real rifle caliber (.223 and up) and then your pistol calibers along with .22LR. There will be divisions so folks can be competitive with like guns/sights/caliber. Wouldn't be fair to have an optic on an AR-15 in .22LR competing against the .223 Iron sight as far as time, etc. But if you want to bring a lever action, you can - it's been done, just get some calluses on your loading thumb and have the extra ammo ready and hide behind cover while you take all day to reload !!! Target distances will range from 7 yards all the way to the back berm with steel targets and cardboard up close. NOW you have been sufficiently motivated and informed. LOCK AND LOAD!

MaddMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In all seriousness, guys...thanks for the info. I am sure I would (will) enjoy it. I really need that style rifle anyway.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just sight them in for people. lol I don't own a tactical rifle. Yeah, yeah, I know...what's a guy that lives in rural South Alabama doing without a tactical rifle??? Well, do I get a pass since I AT LEAST have a range, right?? Haha
    Maddman I've got a rifle or 2 you could use/borrow for the event. You supply the ammo and I'll supply the rest. I've got your back. But be advised, shooting this will force your hand... It will only be a matter of time (very short time) before your purchasing one

sent from this crazy cyber space place

Jeff

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good night? But wait . . . . . . . there's more - A-c-c-e-s-s-o-r-i-e-s . Don't forget accessories !!! Tell him all the stuff he needs to hang on his rifle to be "Tacticool" and ultra accurate and quick . . . . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom